Cannon Beach Sunset

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited April 28, 2009 in Landscapes
I had a few hours to kill while in Portland last weekend and made a quick trip to Cannon Beach for sunset. Light wasn't that great, but I had fun anyway. It's definitely a different experience shooting a tourist beach vs. the beaches in Olympic National Park where I'm usually alone by the time I leave and there are strange animals staring at me in the dark.

#1:

518230462_G8Cdz-L.jpg

#2:

518227490_G79y8-L.jpg

#3:

518226955_uPegr-L.jpg

#4:

518231537_Ydvdh-L.jpg

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    WOW Ron.. you are really starting to tick me off deal.gif

#1 and #2 are awesome!!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:

#1 and #2 are awesome!!

+1 rolleyes1.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I love the squiggly line of the foam in the first. Great catch on that one!

So do you wear your waterproof boots when you travel anywhere, now? Last weekend I was really wishing I had a pair with me. You're absolutely right in that running from waves is a huge hindrance to getting a good beach shot :D
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    I love the squiggly line of the foam in the first. Great catch on that one!

So do you wear your waterproof boots when you travel anywhere, now? Last weekend I was really wishing I had a pair with me. You're absolutely right in that running from waves is a huge hindrance to getting a good beach shot :D

Oh yeah, the boots are conveniently located in the car trunk and I had them on along with some waterproof pants over my jeans. Cannon Beach at high tide was still relatively tame compared to Ruby Beach or Second Beach, but there were a few times I would have got wet without them. Someday it will be warm enough where I can go barefoot, but that day is still 3-4 months away.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:

#1 and #2 are awesome!!

Thanks! Like I said, the light wasn't ridiculous like the last time I was at Cannon Beach, but there was about 5 minutes of pretty decent light (#2-#4 were all taken with a few minutes of each other). #1 was just me bored, but I liked the foam.