Rest......in peace.

235197803_GdeTb-M-2.jpg
437268488_ZSKHR-M.jpg
440413354_ycUmR-S.jpg
large.jpg

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    So sorry for your loss. You did all you could.

Hang on to the great memories you have of your friend.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Oh no! That's so sad! I'm so sorry your pup passed away. It makes me sad every time I think that my sweetheart (we have a golden) will go one day too :cry
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Sympathy, Jeff, for the loss of a real character. She must have been a million laughs and a ton of love (and a nasty bite, if she ever used it!?!)! That's quite a legacy for a little body!
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I am so sorry Jeff, what a cute pup. I can't even imagine losing my doggie.... My heart breaks for you and your family....
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of a good friend. She looked to be a real character and a lot of fun. Remember the good times.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • pardespardes Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Sooooo so sorry Jeff. Wonderful photos of a dear dear friend.
    "A photograph is a secret about a secret." Diane Arbus
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Jeff, you have my sympathies. I've lost two and they are family members. There is a talk show guy, Mark Levin who has a great book out about his pet. I believe it is entitled "Rescuing Sprite" Get it today. What a great read.
  • barbnjonbarbnjon Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    So very sorry. Wonderful portraits for you to remember.
  • imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I've already asked God to bring you peace during this time. I lost my Miniature Schnauzer 3 1/2 years ago. Some days I still miss him ENORMOUSLY, however, there are many days that I still laugh at his little idiosyncrasies! He was real character and my life was blessed by him for 13 years. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you will find laughter in the days to come.
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Jeff. My thoughts are with you and your family
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Oh, Jeff... I'm so very sorry. :cryiloveyou.gif
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Jeff, I am so sorry.
    Jaye
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Jeff, sorry to hear about your loss. I do know how you feel. I cried the last time I had to help a friend to his final resting.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Jeff, thats my kind of pup, lovely photos,

sorry for your loss.
    Aaron Nelson
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Thanks to all of you.

She truely was the best. Always there to welcome us home, keep alert of strangers...and squirrels, and a companion in the truest sense.

It was a huge shock as she was only 7 years old. The kids are upset....I am upset...my wife is crushed. She will be sorely missed.

It began a week ago Wednesday.
    Her health had deteriorated quickly while at the vet for a routine "look-see". A hardness in her belly was discovered....and as we waited for test results her breathing became labored. We rushed her to LSU Vet school for more in depth tests...including a ultrasound to look at her belly. Their grim news was that she had a tumor around her spleen...was bleeding internally...and her condition...by that time had become critical. They wanted $3000 for the surgery...and ICU with only an expectancy of 4 to 8 months following the surgery. This was too much, and our vet had told us she could do the surgery. It took about an hour to get her stable enough to risk the trip back to our vet. She stopped breathing once on the way.....for a handfull of seconds....then again as we walked through the door at the vet....but they saved her...and performed the surgery. She seemed to be regaining her strength....and spirits. She made it through that iffy first night, and her red blood cell count began climbing toward normal levels. We actually expected to be able to bring her home yesterday or today, but that wasnt to be. We got the call yesterday morning as we were dressing to go visit with her.

We still havent gotten biopsy reports to tell us what the tumor was...not that it matters much anymore....but we would like to know. What our vet saw inside her wasn't bad in her opinion or else she would not have completed the surgery. We had discussed this already. If it looked like a no hope situation she was to increase the anesthesia and let her slip away. We had also decided that if it were cancer....malignant...we wouldnt be chasing it with radiation or chemotherapy, but would instaed watch her for signs of pain or difficulty and then have her put to rest. Our attempt at drawing the line at selfish adoration.

We miss her immensely, but I...at least...am also relieved that God managed to not make us have to follow through with our decisions on the future.

Again...thank you ALL for you kind comments.
  • dreamcometruedreamcometrue Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Pets are not just animals..they are our family, we mourn over them as though they are our children. My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Artistic Design Photography LLC
    http://www.adesignphotography.com
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Condolences
    Jeff,

Some of the most difficult losses in life are those four legged family members.

We lost one just the same as you did some years ago to a homogioscarcoma and we still miss him.. We didn't even know he was sick We never expected it and were devastated. He was a ittle Benji terrier mix. We have two more - a Lhasa apso rescue and a Cairn Terrier now and know someday we will endure the pain of loss of our beloved puppies again. Never easy

Please know we are thinking about your loss. You might want to look at www.rainbowbridge.org for some comfort.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Sympathies
    Our pets are family members and their loss no less diminished because they are not two-legged. Every animal that has touched my life has made it better in some way - and I grieved over each passing. Ignore those people who will say "it was just a dog" - she was so much more to you and your family.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    We lost our last dog to similarly inexplicable circumstances (sudden kidney failure age 5 - too old for it to be congenital; too young for it to be geriatric). The worst is the not-knowing and we never did find out. I hope your vet can provide you with some clues so it's a little easier for you.

I can only repeat how sorry I am you've all been going through this - it is so much more traumatic than people without beloved 4-foot friends can ever understand.
  • picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    So sorry to hear of your loss, it is never easy, especially when it is so unexpected. I went through the same thing with my kitty a couple years ago. Took him to the vet, I actually thought he was just plugged up. Turned out he had kidney failure and that night they recommended I put him down. I was truly shocked and did not expect that at all. Over the coming month I did everything possible to make him well, even learned how to administor Sub Q fluids. He ended up not pulling through and I lost him 25 days after his diagnosis. I hope you find peace soon. I attached a couple poems that means a lot to me I hope you like them.

I lost a special friend today
    the kind you can't replace,
    and looking at his empty bed
    I still can see his face.
    I know he's in a special place
    our Lord has for such friends,
    Where meadows, fields & flowers
    help make them strong and whole again.
    I know he's watching over me
    He'll be with me when I cry,
    So with one more kiss on his beloved head
    I told my friend goodbye
    Author Unknown

They say memories are golden, well, maybe that is true.
    I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
    A million times I cried.
    If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
    In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.
    In my heart you hold a place no one else could fill.
    If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane.
    I'd walk the path to Heaven and bring you back again.
    Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.
    But as God calls us back one by one, the chain will link again.
    Author unknown
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    PictureGirl, you just made me cry :cry

Sorry for your loss Jeff, never easy, just think of good times she gave you, keep them alive in pictures.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
    edited May 3, 2009
    Thank you all...again...for the pm's, the poems, and the generosity of your kindness.
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Oh no I am so sorry ((hugs))
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
    edited May 5, 2009
    To finish off this thread, I just thought Id let you all know that we got the biopsy report back today. It was indeed the homogioscarcoma that they had warned us it might be. This means that had she survived the surgery, we "might" have been able to enjoy her for 6 - 8 months at the most, and then put her to sleep. By way of God's grace, He took her from us soon enough that we wouldn't have to follow through with that toughest of decisions.

I sure do miss her. I have been sitting at the desk all day editing photos. Normally she would have been right here with me...curled up under the desk at my feet....taking breaks from that now and then to bring me a ball to toss.

The world indeed is a bit lonlier without her.