Sock It To Me - Something for Azzaro

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited April 29, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I don't remember how we got on this topic, but here are a couple of shots of my socks. . .
:scratch :rolleyes :scratch :rolleyes

523189272_GdAV2-M.jpg

523188909_e8rLb-M.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Amazing captures Lauren. Such detail, and the comp is terrific. (Is there a smiley for tongue-in-cheek? :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Lauren,

I think all your persistance and practice are paying off thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

BTW: Those don't look like Texas socks headscratch.gif No holes for the toes...
    Randy
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Great job Lauren.....clap.gif Your getting on to this....clap.gif I think you told me you were going to go to the Botanical Gardens and shoot some flowers or "YOUR SOCKS".......rolleyes1.gif

Now give this a try.... I shot close to 100 pictures on the 24 acres I live on, and I have shown about 70 of them.

Shoot 25 pictures in walking distance of your home and show at least 15 of them. Shoot early in the morning or late in the day to get a little drama in the lighting. Shoot things that interest you....Use only one lens, I used a 55x200 Think lighting and composition...... azzaro
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Thanks, everyone!! Nope, no holes in my socks . . . hey, that could be a country song! Wait, I think it already is a song.

Azzaro - thanks for the "assignment." I've read about that 25-foot method, although I think it was even less than that. I am planning to shoot tomorrow morning and will definitely think about lighting and composition.

I usually shoot about 200 images on any given day. Because so few are worth keeping, my hard drive is filling up. I'm deleting a lot but I have lots to toss out still. I'm trying to be much more critical. I went on a shoot yesterday, looking for more "urban" subjects and I really did try to pay more attention to composition. Don't know if you saw my RR tracks shot but I liked it. :D

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Thanks, everyone!! Nope, no holes in my socks . . . hey, that could be a country song! Wait, I think it already is a song.

Azzaro - thanks for the "assignment." I've read about that 25-foot method, although I think it was even less than that. I am planning to shoot tomorrow morning and will definitely think about lighting and composition.

I usually shoot about 200 images on any given day. Because so few are worth keeping, my hard drive is filling up. I'm deleting a lot but I have lots to toss out still. I'm trying to be much more critical. I went on a shoot yesterday, looking for more "urban" subjects and I really did try to pay more attention to composition. Don't know if you saw my RR tracks shot but I liked it. :D

I make a point to see your stuff, but don't remember that one... Where is it or add it here ....... azzaro
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    redleash wrote:

If your gonna toss (delete) then do it in LR (if you use lightroom) and that way you don't waste more time looking at them.....but a lot of times I see potential for a bad color to become something else down the road and I will name it with that out come in mind.............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Thanks, Art. I use Aperture and sometimes Adobe Bridge--I'm still trying to fine tune workflow.

Azzaro - Tricked ya--I posted my RR shot in "Landscapes." eek7.gif

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=128892

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    For that shot to work for me, personally, I would have liked to have seen extreme detail. If I could count the stitches...I would have, kind of thing. Thanks for posting.
    Growing with Dgrin