Options

How do I improve what shows on my Google search?

Willson CummerWillson Cummer Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
When I search for "Willson Cummer," my Smugmug site comes up first, which is great. But is there a way to change the descriptive words that show up from "The ultimate in photo sharing..." to something about ME?
Thanks!
Willson

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2009
    Thanks!
    I'll look through your post, Andy.
    Willson
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2009
    I don't see anything yet...
    Andy, I need help: what part of your detailed post on search engines tells me how to get rid of the "The ultimate in photo sharing. Easily create online photo albums. Share, store, organize and print." If I put text in the header will that replace the Smugmug-specific info?
    Thanks
    Willson
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Andy, I need help: what part of your detailed post on search engines tells me how to get rid of the "The ultimate in photo sharing. Easily create online photo albums. Share, store, organize and print." If I put text in the header will that replace the Smugmug-specific info?
    Thanks
    Willson
    The meta part, in the bio box. And then do all the rest, and over time, you'll see improved links that get indexed.
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2009
    Thanks!
    I gave that a try. I'll see if Google starts changing what it says when my site pops up. I'm completely happy with the searchability of my site, just not the text that Google picks up: "The ultimate in photo sharing. Easily create online photo albums. Share, store, organize and print."
    Thanks for your help, Andy!
  • Options
    LichtenHansenLichtenHansen Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    The meta part, in the bio box. And then do all the rest, and over time, you'll see improved links that get indexed.
    Andy, I have done almost everything that have been suggested.
    In my Popular photos meta data I still see:
    "The ultimate in photo sharing. Easily create online photo albums. Share, store, organize and print"
    and
    "online photo albums,photo sharing,photo hosting,photo storage,albums,photo albums,photo,sharing,picture sharing,share photos,photo galleries,photo gallery,photos,photographs,online gallery,picture gallery,picture galleries,onlinegalleries,smugmug gallery,smugmug,smug mug,smugmug photos,images,image galleries, image gallery,gallery hosting,galleries hosting,hosting"

Is this going to change in the insane new pro service pro service coming?