Annan Harbour South West Scotland

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited May 1, 2009 in Landscapes
I have just taken a few first shots with my new Canon 17-55 2.8 with a Hoya HD UV filter. It was very dull when I took these. Comments always welcome as usual.
Regards
Bob
523475110_WYFxx-L.jpg
523462224_rETDo-L.jpg
523462159_WDkCw-L.jpg
523462159_WDkCw-L.jpg

Comments

• canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    canon400d wrote:
    I have just taken a few first shots with my new Canon 17-55 2.8 with a Hoya HD UV filter. It was very dull when I took these. Comments always welcome as usual.
    Regards
    Bob

Have I put this in the wrong place?
    Regards
    Bob
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Oh so sorry.

I really like the 1st one but i think it will look even better with reduced amount of PP effect. What about Bw ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Hi Bob!

The subject itself doesn't do much for me but I think the balance of light between sky and foreground is very good. I love the dark clouds. Was that a result of your filter or post processing? I don't use a UV filter so I'm not sure how that works.
    edited May 4, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Bob!

The subject itself doesn't do much for me but I think the balance of light between sky and foreground is very good. I love the dark clouds. Was that a result of your filter or post processing? I don't use a UV filter so I'm not sure how that works.

Hi Schmoo
    I would totally agree with the subject I just had to use my new lens. The dark clouds were done in CS4. I really appreciate you replying.
    Regards
    Bob
    edited May 4, 2009
    Oh so sorry.

I really like the 1st one but i think it will look even better with reduced amount of PP effect. What about Bw ?

Yeah Awais I know exactly what you mean. To be honest I don't go black and white and it is some thing I really must look into. I feel a black and white image looks good if it is damatic with skies or certain model portraits. Och I am probably totally wrong and need some advice in this direction.
    Regards
    Bob