Cadillac Ranch

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited April 29, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Just outside of Amarillo, TX you'll find the Cadillac Ranch. I have no idea why it is, what it is. You'll have to decide that for yourself. Edit: OK, I just looked it up.

I've passed by it for years before I finally took the time this week to take some pics.

Maybe you can see in pic #4 how thick the spray paint is over the years.

No HDR used. All adjustments made in Lightroom2 except for watermark in CS2.
Randy

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Very cool Randy. thumb.gif I bet these would be really cool with some HDR processing.
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    thumb.gifthumb We used to call it Psychedelic. Makes me miss my pony tail :D
    Great shots.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • alvinrsalvinrs Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 28, 2009
    Nice pics Randy
    Great job. Did you listen to a little Greatfull Dead on the Ipod while taking the pictures?
  • anvilimageanvilimage Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    Great coloring! I just took the Digital Days workshop last weekend and we went over a lot of Lightroom use. It's definitely a very powerful tool as you've shown here and I haven't been using anywhere near its full potential.

-joe
    Joe Ercoli
    My Photo Blog - www.anvilimage.com
    My Smugmug Gallery
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Very cool Randy. thumb.gif I bet these would be really cool with some HDR processing.

Thanks Dan.
    Randy
    edited April 28, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    thumb.gifthumb We used to call it Psychedelic. Makes me miss my pony tail :D
    Great shots.

Jack,

I thought we were still calling this Psychedelic rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited April 28, 2009
    alvinrs wrote:
    Great job. Did you listen to a little Greatfull Dead on the Ipod while taking the pictures?

Thanks Alvin. If I had been doing that, I would have forgotten what I was even in the field for rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited April 28, 2009
    anvilimage wrote:
    Great coloring! I just took the Digital Days workshop last weekend and we went over a lot of Lightroom use. It's definitely a very powerful tool as you've shown here and I haven't been using anywhere near its full potential.

-joe

The originals were so colorful, I didn't have to do that much processing on these. I did push things in pic #4 though.

Thanks for looking and the comments.
    Randy
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Great stuff, Randy. The last time I drove by there was in, um, er, 1981 or so, in my college, I mean junior high days . . . and all the Caddys were single colors. I've never seen them painted up like this--Wow!!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    Pretty cool. I think you got it for me in #'s 1, 4 and 7. Thanks for posting.
    Growing with Dgrin

edited April 29, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Great stuff, Randy. The last time I drove by there was in, um, er, 1981 or so, in my college, I mean junior high days . . . and all the Caddys were single colors. I've never seen them painted up like this--Wow!!

Lauren

I remember seeing them a few years ago when they were all pink.

While I was shooting these pics, there were several people spraying them, putting their "mark" on them, so to speak.

Just outside the fence, the State of Texas has a sign that says not to spray paint anything outside the fence.
    Randy
    edited April 29, 2009
    leaforte wrote:
    Pretty cool. I think you got it for me in #'s 1, 4 and 7. Thanks for posting.

Glad you liked them leaforte. Thanks for looking.
    Randy