Oh no you di-int

RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
edited April 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Nothing special about these pics, they are mainly for documentation purposes, but I thought I would share the joyous experience.

A garbage truck that has emptied my dumpster for years decided to take out my electrical feed along with the riser and created one heck of a big bang this morning. Which was really nice of him... so now we are still without power at the business and everyone is sweltering. Oh Joy...!

It's currently being fixed, but not sure when it will be done.

524310955_gaLWE-L.jpg

524310098_Hj4sg-L.jpg

524310562_eZhxR-L.jpg

524309815_n97JU-L.jpg

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    OOPS!! .... hate it when that happens! :D azzaro
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    That will cost the trash service a serious dime.
    Steve

Website
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2009
    That looks like a "Big Ooops"
  • Z06NutZ06Nut Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    They can repair it in a few hours if they have the material. All they have to do is replace the can and conductors. If it takes them longer than that, they aren't good electricians.
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,878 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Oops eek7.gif

That's why they put everything underground in our streets in the early 90s.
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    This has turned out to be a nightmare. Finally got power back at around 6pm. After getting power back, I discovered that half the stuff in the building isn't working, including both air conditioners and half the lights. So my day will be filled with trying to get someone to figure just what's messed up and what to do about it.
    edited April 30, 2009
    Roadkill wrote:
    This has turned out to be a nightmare. Finally got power back at around 6pm. After getting power back, I discovered that half the stuff in the building isn't working, including both air conditioners and half the lights. So my day will be filled with trying to get someone to figure just what's messed up and what to do about it.

Hope you get it all figured out. When lighting hit our house it burned out all our electricity and even burned the rebars holding down our timbers in the back yard. But what we didn't notice till a couple days later -- it had also thrown off our electrical system in our car that was parked out in the driveway.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    I've heard of instances where this sort of thing has required that the wiring in the walls be replaced, as well as requiring the replacement of many/most of the appliances/computers/TV/etc.

Like was stated above, that waste removal company (actually, it's insurance carrier :D) is potentially facing a seriously large liability.

I'm sure the driver of that truck is not a happy camper either. Either he's been fired or he's in serious kimchi.
    edited April 30, 2009
    I've heard of instances where this sort of thing has required that the wiring in the walls be replaced, as well as requiring the replacement of many/most of the appliances/computers/TV/etc.

Like was stated above, that waste removal company (actually, it's insurance carrier :D) is potentially facing a seriously large liability.

I'm sure the driver of that truck is not a happy camper either. Either he's been fired or he's in serious kimchi.

So true....we had to replace all tv's and fix wiring. It was a mess. For some reason my computer was spared. It was downstairs and hooked up to a power surge plug-in that worked :D

Phil....my advice is to call your insurance company and have them come out and check everything. We did that after the fire department checked out house for fires. Only we blew it with not having them not check our car that was parked in the driveway. Electricity likes to do its "own thing" never knowing where it is going or went.