Options

Some Cemetery IR shots (4 large)

HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
edited June 9, 2005 in Holy Macro
Went back to Virginia City, NV yesterday to shoot some more IR in the cemetery. After two shoots, I've covered maybe 1/4 of the cemetery.
From the first shoot (not the spooky ones):
43739351.jpg

43739352.jpg

A couple from yesterday:
44395841.jpg

44395846.jpg

Hope they don't give you any nighmares :D ,
Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Great IR effects Chris, the black skies and brilliant white foliage are excellent. clap.gif

The contrasts in the first shot are cool, but I can't help thinking the shot would be improved if the statue wasn't so central in the frame

The last two, I really like, the contrasts are so dramatic but imo they lack a focal point and fail you to draw you in. Maybe getting low and wide with one of the gravestones in the foreground ne_nau.gif
    Fantastic location, shoot some more :D
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2005
    Hi Gubbs,
    gubbs wrote:
    Great IR effects Chris, the black skies and brilliant white foliage are excellent. clap.gif

The contrasts in the first shot are cool, but I can't help thinking the shot would be improved if the statue wasn't so central in the frame

The last two, I really like, the contrasts are so dramatic but imo they lack a focal point and fail you to draw you in. Maybe getting low and wide with one of the gravestones in the foreground ne_nau.gif
    Do you mean a little more like this for the first one?
    43679123.jpg

I know what you mean with regards to the last two. After looking again, seems I fell into the IR trap; the effect becomes the subject. For the last two, I think I was going for mood as the subject, very difficult to achieve. I did notice that for most of my first shoot, there was a central, tangible subject.
    Luckily, this site is close to home, so I'll be going back time and time again. Very photogenic.

Thanks for your comments, definately something to keep in mind,
    Chris

• Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Hi Chris...
    gubbs wrote:

Not trying to sound like a parrot here, but after viewing the shots I came to the same conclusion as Gubbs-the IR processing is excellent. Very well done imo. However, where you loose me is in the composition. As you noted in your post above-it looks like the effect has become the subject.

You second post of the statue from #1 is much more pleasing to me, I like it much better.

There is nothing in the shots that a bit of selective cropping won't fix-again in my *humble* opinion.
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2005
    Thanks Mongrel,
    I'll relook at the shots with a more critical eye.

Thanks for the comments,
    Chris

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 7, 2005
    VERY Tim Burton. nice thumb.gif
    Went back to Virginia City, NV yesterday to shoot some more IR in the cemetery. After two shoots, I've covered maybe 1/4 of the cemetery.

44395846.jpg

Hope they don't give you any nighmares :D ,
    Chris
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2005
    Thanks Angelo,
    Angelo wrote:
    VERY Tim Burton. nice thumb.gif
    Thanks for looking and commenting. By the way, I love your tag line:
    cameras don't shoot people.....

Chris