*Linda* [10 st. Canon EOS 10D Portraits]

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited June 7, 2005 in People
Howdy friend!

Went out to Tyresö Slott (Tyresö Castle) to take a few pictures of my friend Linda this afternoon. Before we left, the weather was just fine, warm, a little sun and just a slight overcast. Almost perfect. When we got there, there was this drastic weather change and when I had gotten my gears ready and set, she was already freezing to the bone, poor girl!
She sat in the grass while I rigged my gear and I snaped away a few testshots on her. Ironically, these test shots turned out the best this afternoon. When I was done, we strolled up to the near by castle to seek shelter from the ice cold wind. I snapped a few pics there, but she was shivering and uncomfortable so I called it off and we went home. *Typically* But nevertheless, although short, we had a cold but pleasant time. She is ALWAYS like this: :D That's why I like her! Here is few samples - is there a "keeper" among these? I really hope I got atleast one pic that she'll be happy with! (Sorry for posting so many images!) :wink

24226068-O.jpg

24226073-O.jpg

24226077-O.jpg

24226082-O.jpg

24226079-O.jpg

24226083-O.jpg

24226066-O.jpg

24226065-O.jpg

24231157-O.jpg

24226071-O.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Hi Elving73 and welcome! wave.gif

nice set.. I like number one and the last one best.. they are all nice but maybe the last one is my fav.. or one thumb.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Mattias,
    Nice story and nice picturesthumb.gif
    I like #1 the best.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Goodness, you did a really nice job! I think you have more than one keeper.

I really like the first shot, it's a pity the light is so strong from the one side.

I think these two are my favorites.

24226079-S.jpg

24226083-S.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2005
    Howdy lynnma! Thanx!
    One pic #1, I used two flashes, 1 one hot shoe and 1 from the side, via sync cable through an umbrella. My goal today was to experiment with lighting, but as the weather turned bad, I just felt that we didn't have the time and engergy for that. So I settled with 1 external flash.

Regards / Matty
    edited June 6, 2005
    Thanx Nikolai!
    Although, or perhaps because the lighting seem weird on #1, I like it too! headscratch.gif

Regards / Matty
    edited June 6, 2005
    Thanx wxwax!
    I sorta like the first one too, but I can't really figure out if it's because of the weird lighting, or due to her pose. Or if it's a combination! headscratch.gif
    Glad you liked them! Now, I hope she does too!

Matty
  • SpicyKittieSpicyKittie Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 6, 2005
    yeah the first one is the coolest, I like how the sky looks grey and then it looks almost as if shes standing in the sun or something..... shes the sun lighting up the pic :D
    edited June 6, 2005
    Thanx SpicyKitte! Haha! Yeah, and with that...
    .... smile of hers, she could be a human reflector - "Hmm... lemme see... well, we need to lighten up the shadows here... Linda, please stand right her and smile!" :D *Haha*

Matty
    yeah the first one is the coolest, I like how the sky looks grey and then it looks almost as if shes standing in the sun or something..... shes the sun lighting up the pic :D
    edited June 6, 2005
    Different Versions Of Pic #01
    24246328-O.jpg

24246329-O.jpg

24246610-O.jpg
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Mattias, I like #3 and the last one. The last one because her smile looks natural and as a result she looks happy! thumb.gif

regards
    alan
  • WaterfallRichWaterfallRich Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Nice series, Matty!
    Very pretty young lady! All are nice, But I think I like #6 the best. Is she Monica's sister by any chance??
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Mattias!
    You know, how I love your works...
    Do you know such a singer - Carol King?
    She has a song - "You make me feel like a natural women..." This song came to my mind when I saw your wonderful serial!
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
  • Hasse AHasse A Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 7, 2005
    Hej Matte, Jag gifte mej i Tyresö kyrka, det var kallt som F. Fina bilder
    Hej Matte
    Flotta bilder, (nice pic) jag hade problem med hur man skulle göra här för att skriva, men det ser ut som det fixat sej. Mvh Hasse A
    Hälsning från Norge (Norway)

elfving73 wrote:
    Howdy friend!

Went out to Tyresö Slott (Tyresö Castle) to take a few pictures of my friend Linda this afternoon. Before we left, the weather was just fine, warm, a little sun and just a slight overcast. Almost perfect. When we got there, there was this drastic weather change and when I had gotten my gears ready and set, she was already freezing to the bone, poor girl!
    She sat in the grass while I rigged my gear and I snaped away a few testshots on her. Ironically, these test shots turned out the best this afternoon. When I was done, we strolled up to the near by castle to seek shelter from the ice cold wind. I snapped a few pics there, but she was shivering and uncomfortable so I called it off and we went home. *Typically* But nevertheless, although short, we had a cold but pleasant time. She is ALWAYS like this: :D That's why I like her! Here is few samples - is there a "keeper" among these? I really hope I got atleast one pic that she'll be happy with! (Sorry for posting so many images!) mwink.gif

24226068-O.jpg

24226073-O.jpg

24226077-O.jpg

24226082-O.jpg

24226079-O.jpg

24226083-O.jpg

24226066-O.jpg

24226065-O.jpg

24231157-O.jpg

24226071-O.jpg
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Hasse A wrote:
    Hej Matte
    Flotta bilder, (nice pic) jag hade problem med hur man skulle göra här för att skriva, men det ser ut som det fixat sej. Mvh Hasse A
    You took the words right out of my mouth, Hasse. naughty.gif

lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    I'm with waxy, these two are the best. Good variety of poses.

I have some comments though. The first two seem to have 'tree growing out of head syndrome'.
    I know nothing of flash photography so these are my ignorant comments. The white blouse is overexposed, although everything else is just fine - I wouldn't know where to start correcting that. Of course it could be because I'm working on a laptop and it's not calibrated properly.
    wxwax wrote:
    Goodness, you did a really nice job! I think you have more than one keeper.

I really like the first shot, it's a pity the light is so strong from the one side.

I think these two are my favorites.

24226079-S.jpg

24226083-S.jpg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
    edited June 7, 2005
    Thanx Alan!
    That smile is consitantly stuck on her face! The happiest women I know! :D

BigAl wrote:
    Mattias, I like #3 and the last one. The last one because her smile looks natural and as a result she looks happy! thumb.gif

regards
    alan
    edited June 7, 2005
    Haha! Tjena Hasse! Och välkommen!
    Kul att du dök upp här! Ja, det är lite förvirrande i början! Det är lite mer avancerat här en på STF.

Mattias
    Hasse A wrote:
    Hej Matte
    edited June 7, 2005
    Thanx for your input, Adrian! The thing is...
    ... that all the shots where she's sitting in the grass was just testshots. No planing, no posing. Just snapshots of her when we where smalltalking as I rigged my stuff and tried out my flashes. Ok, well.... I guess she posed just a little when I aimed at her. Haha!

Matty
    adrian_k wrote:
    I'm with waxy, these two are the best. Good variety of poses.

I have some comments though. The first two seem to have 'tree growing out of head syndrome'.
    I know nothing of flash photography so these are my ignorant comments. The white blouse is overexposed, although everything else is just fine - I wouldn't know where to start correcting that. Of course it could be because I'm working on a laptop and it's not calibrated properly.