Options

My first attempt at cloning.

scottcolbathscottcolbath Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
edited April 30, 2009 in Finishing School
Now you see the guy in the truck.............

520852326_CVRE8-M.jpg

Now you don't.

524650040_6BcBr-M.jpg

I still need lots of pratice. What would you guys do differently?

BTW, the guy in the truck is the dad of the girl in the pic.
S.C.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 30, 2009
    BTW, I haven't even played around with anything else on this pic, just cloning. I've never tried it before and this seemed like the perfect pic to try. It's not actually a great pic to begin with.

S.C.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited April 30, 2009
    What would you guys do differently?

It looks like you did a fine job. We would need to see a larger version to tell whether there are any problems.
  • Options
    davidzvidavidzvi Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Looks like you did a fine job, but as Richard noted we would need to see it larger to really tell. But in general don't be so worried about a cloning something like this, you can add blur to the entire background to even out any issue. The only part that matter is the line of his head and body. And even then unless this is going to be printed larger that 8x10 no one will ever notice. Why? because no one will be looking at that area of the photo in any detail. Quickly look at and away from the photo, you have to make your eye go somewhere other than her face and the gold dress, you just don't "see" that area. Neither will anyone else looking at the photo unless you REALLY do a bad job.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Overall - a very good job!
    Well, I downloaded the originals to take a look at the before and after (you have originals available) and I think you did a quite nice job. I particularly like the restraint/judgement exercised in not attempting to get rid of all of the truck. Leaving the lower door portion was, to my eye, a good call.

Some things to improve:
    • I think I would feather the edge between the truck door and the darker background a bit more. Or, rework it a bit more - it doesn't look quite right.
    • You have edge issues between the young man and what is left of the truck door. Look to the region of his ear and the left edge of his shoulder. BTW - these are only visible if you blow the image up to 60% or better - so good job!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2009
    Thanks for the comments guys. I'll keep practicing.

S.C.