Senior Sessions

J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
edited May 2, 2009 in People
Wanted to share some photos from a recent 'Senior Picture' shoot, yes I really love black-n-white, I would love any thoughts on these pics...

524684310_jFNfr-M.jpg

524640624_dMFch-M.jpg

3. Not a big fan of selective coloring, but thought it was neat on this one, kinda reminds me of a scene from a vampire movie...
524558475_sWdCa-M.jpg

524632209_wyei2-M.jpg

524555943_ryK6c-M.jpg
-Joe Allen
My Smugmug Site

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    REALLY like #s 2 & 4! I wish she would have chosen to not wear black tights under the jeans....to me personally, the fact that the image is in B&W causes the tights to be way to much of a force in the photo. #4 is simply beautiful in a very subtle way. thumb.gif I echoe your thoughts on #3....well done and perfect mood and color for that idea.
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Beautiful young lade. Great shots. Number 4 has to be my favorte with number 1 and 2 closely following. One thing that I note is the focus is too soft. She has gorgeous eyes and would like to have seen a nice crisp focus on them.

Good job!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • austinstrobistaustinstrobist Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Great shots and I love the composition of the first shot.

You shoot just as good as you help code!
    website & blog

stefanochoi.com
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    My fav is #1 but wish the hand did not get cut off.

Take Care,
    Charles,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    1 & 2 just seem to be awkard poses. She seems more male than female. Whenever you have two of something, eyes, ears, shoulders etc, put them on slightly different planes. 3 is a keeper. Recrop it and member the rule of thirds. Put her in one of the golden corners and you have an award winner there. 4 needs more light into the eyes. They seem lifeless. Seems to have alot of light coming in from very high. Crop the elbow but show the hand. 5 needs to recropped to have more space in front of her and agian that one would be super. (maybe horizontal)
  • J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    REALLY like #s 2 & 4! I wish she would have chosen to not wear black tights under the jeans....to me personally, the fact that the image is in B&W causes the tights to be way to much of a force in the photo. #4 is simply beautiful in a very subtle way. I echoe your thoughts on #3....well done and perfect mood and color for that idea.

Thanks...and I agree about the blakc tights and how they grab your attention quickly, that photo was taken in a really tight space as you can see, but she wanted to try it out, and I'm glad she did...she was very adventuorous and creative, made for an easy shoot! Her mother is a photographer also, but didnt want to take the pictures.

Beautiful young lade. Great shots. Number 4 has to be my favorte with number 1 and 2 closely following. One thing that I note is the focus is too soft. She has gorgeous eyes and would like to have seen a nice crisp focus on them.

Good job!

Thanks, I think in that shot I actually took a sharp one out of camera, but softened it in photoshop a bit, trying to keep with the mood of the picture.

Great shots and I love the composition of the first shot.

You shoot just as good as you help code!

That first one her mother was making fun of her, as she was posing a group of guys were driving by, so it was kinda funny. Yeah I spend a lot of time in the customizing forum, wish I could spend some more time up here getting some pointers from all these great photographers in here.

My fav is #1 but wish the hand did not get cut off.

I agree, and I didnt catch that during the shoot, I need to take my time more often...I think it would have made the picture even better.

1 & 2 just seem to be awkard poses. She seems more male than female. Whenever you have two of something, eyes, ears, shoulders etc, put them on slightly different planes. 3 is a keeper. Recrop it and member the rule of thirds. Put her in one of the golden corners and you have an award winner there. 4 needs more light into the eyes. They seem lifeless. Seems to have alot of light coming in from very high. Crop the elbow but show the hand. 5 needs to recropped to have more space in front of her and agian that one would be super. (maybe horizontal)

#2 was very awkard getting there, thats for sure. I actually have her in different parts of the path on #3 just didnt post them, but thanks! We had alot of sun to fight that day...my big reflector and her mom helped out alot. #5 was a small hike getting to the river, which was on her grandparents property, she hung out there quite a bit and wanted lots of pictures around that place...I'll look at that one again and rethink the crop thumb.gif
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site