Foggy Iowa morning

nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
edited May 3, 2009 in Landscapes
Just some fog shots from this morning... Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Brian

525032919_Ed4qM-XL-1.jpg

525061239_dVctT-XL.jpg

525070208_t8e5C-XL.jpg

Comments

• boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    All are nice ... I love #2!
    Nice angle and perspective and mood.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    That second one is nice. I think it might look even better in black and white though.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    The second one is quite lovely!!!
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    I prefer #3, but all are nice thumb.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    really nice....I also prefer #3...................clap.gifthumbbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Thanks for the responses! :D It was definitely a fun morning to shoot. Surprisingly, most of the pics were from when the fog was letting up. It was zero visibility about 30 minutes earlier.

dseidman wrote:
    That second one is nice. I think it might look even better in black and white though.
    I actually did a quick b&w conversion, but wasn't all that excited with it, so I didn't include it with the original... But here it is anyway:

525061164_XTQaR-XL.jpg
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    I like #2 in color, I like the contrast between the very green grass and the dull and muted colors of everything else.
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    nxthree wrote:
    I actually did a quick b&w conversion, but wasn't all that excited with it, so I didn't include it with the original... But here it is anyway:

It needs some more blacks. I was thinking of something more along the lines of this. I hope you don't mind me editing your picture. Feel free to delete this if you do.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    These are cool ! i like all versions
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • nxthreenxthree Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Lighter grass... darker trees... better? or no? Too contrasty?
    dseidman wrote:
    It needs some more blacks. I was thinking of something more along the lines of this. I hope you don't mind me editing your picture. Feel free to delete this if you do.

526297939_LcEYf-XL-1.jpg
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    dseidman wrote:

i agree - my initial response to seeing all 3 images, was "lovely compositions, but needs something", and my first thought was more contrast. but then, maybe, you wanted that very foggy, slightly flat, mood look. the b&w with increased contrast works much better for what i would be looking for. i think that these images have great potential, but need some more work. cheers, sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
    www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com