Bamburgh Castle

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited May 1, 2009 in Landscapes
Here is another shot of Bamburgh Castle Northumbria where I visited recently. C & C always welcome so I can improve.
Regards
Bob

525141752_8B4dK-L.jpg

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Cool scene! I think this could be improved by cropping some off the top and bottom to give it a wider aspect ratio.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    i think you can bring out a little bit of drama in those clouds without making it looked processed ....

do you use LR?
    Aaron Nelson
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    i think you can bring out a little bit of drama in those clouds without making it looked processed ....

do you use LR?

Hi Aaron I use Photoshop CS4 so if you can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
    Regards
    Bob
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    try is one, you can make adaptions to it once you get used to the specific tools... i really like using the grad tool with a mask and then use a curve.

but lately all i use is LR2 so i cant remember all the steps without doing it again...

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2794210
    Aaron Nelson
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    try is one, you can make adaptions to it once you get used to the specific tools... i really like using the grad tool with a mask and then use a curve.

but lately all i use is LR2 so i cant remember all the steps without doing it again...

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2794210

Thanks Aaron I haven't been using the grad tool but am quite familiar with masks and curves and levels. Someone might give me some advice on the grad tool and when and how to use it.
    Regards
    Bob