Hello guys, few photos here

HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited May 1, 2009 in People
Hello everyone. I'm new here, just registered in here and at smugmug. Added some people oriented photographs already so I thought I'd link few here.

525188985_E8cEY-L.jpg

525154243_TJAFU-L-1.jpg

There are few more picks at http://hurme.smugmug.com

I started photographing properly about two years ago. It's been an on and off relationship with my camera and there often weeks and months when I don't shoot anything at all.

Comments

• austinstrobistaustinstrobist Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Thanks for sharing. I like #2.
    website & blog

stefanochoi.com
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Welcome ! I adore #2, it is something I might aspire to do one day. Great photo!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    I love #2 as well. It's very simple but caught a really nice moment. Great lighting too!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Weslcome to Dgrin! Very nice entrance:) thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Cheers guys.

The second pick is lit with two softboxes. From top left and bottom right, the one on the bed behind her was practically an inch away from the frame of the photo So basically the photo has a horror movie ligting but because there's nothing scary in there, it just gives the pick a slightly ethereal feeling.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    I'm putting in a vote for #1 as well. The use of blue adds an interesting twist to the intense look that the subject is giving the viewer. Lots of attitude here, but not aggressive. Interesting shot. Your lighting?

Virginia

Email
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    wave.gif - Welcome ...

Unlike the others, I went to your smug site (well, maybe they did as well but I'm the first to say so!:D) - you have some very nice stuff there. I really like 3, 6, and 7 - nice!!
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Well here is another vote for number too. Soft and angelic looking. Great job!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • pardespardes Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    I agree with Flyinggina. I like #1 also! It's a unique presentation that isn't overdone. Good work.
    "A photograph is a secret about a secret." Diane Arbus
  • HurmeHurme Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Well now, thank you all. It's funny how there's always so much more behind photos than you can see just by watching them.

The guy with the blue makeup is actor who's playing a character from a play written by Pirandello. We were are the theatre and tried few different make up styles on him... I still don't know which one we will actually end up using. I had to take a few photographs of all the makeups so the director and the artist who makes the poster would see how he looks like. This shot was one of the few that weren't totally cheesy because he kept pulling faces all the time (and I engouraged him... eek7.gif).

Lighting for that shot was very simple. Canons 580 EX II behind a white umbrella and a reflector on the opposite side. Both were very close so I could cut off the light behind him. Luckily we shot him between two black curtains so there wasn't much light bleeding around.