Family in Savannah

tjl1388tjl1388 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited May 2, 2009 in People
Took a little trip to Savannah and dragged the new D300 down for the ride. My wife has always wanted some beach shots so I did my best. These were with a REALLY crappy kit lens (the 18-200VR is in the shop) so I know they can be improved.

C&C is greatly desired and welcomed...especially on the one of my wife. The one of the Mrs. is by far my favorite picture of her I have ever taken and I can't stop looking at it...I married up..:thumb Needless to say she disagrees.

Blown out in the corner.
523670371_HEfqL-L.jpg

This one is growing waaay to fast for my liking.
523669091_jJVps-L.jpg

The better half of the equation..:lust
523669404_SLLkR-L.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    - Welcome!

I find it interesting to note the level of flash fill in these. As you progress down the list of three photos, the amount varies from just a touch too much to not quite enough.

As to the posing - the two of your children .... very nice! The one of your wife (and yes, I don't even have to see you - you most definitely did marry up!:D) - as good as this is, it would have been on a whole different (and better) level had her face been a turned a bit more towards the camera. I'm not one that needs to see the model looking at the camera and smiling in every shot, but I do like to see at least on of the eyes and this one misses by >< that much! Love the light on her hair - very nicely done!

As for the cropping, well they are all centered a bit much for my taste.
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    I have to agree about the lighting comments. Number 1 is a tad too much fill flash where as the second one could have used more. Pretty deep shadow on the young lady's face. Great pose of Mom but need to see more of her face and fill flash it to even out the lighting.

Great looking family!!!
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • tjl1388tjl1388 Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Thank You so much for the C&C. These were all with the simple pop flash on the D300 and I couldn't seem to get it right. This shoot convinced the Mrs. to let me pursue a SB-600. I think I am going to try and take some classes on lighting. I don't want to go buy a grand worth of lighting only to not buy or overspend on the wrong thing.

Thanks again everyone.
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif I agree with all the notes above. Nice shots...and a good looking family too. Keep posting.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!