What do you think of "Danger" idea?

DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
edited June 7, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey all. I thought I'd run some ideas by you before I enter the contest. Thanks, in advance, for any comments. Dawn24252612-L.jpg

My cat actually climbed this ladder and was contemplating getting down from the roof the same way when I snapped this. (by the way.....he DID successfully climb down the ladder the same way!)

24252610-L.jpg
In this one my daughter Amber was trying to coax him down from the roof. I was afraid he'd jump to her and scratch her up, but he ended up going back to the ladder and getting down.

24252607-L.jpg

I spent the weekend cleaning up the yard and AMber thought this would make a dangerous shot.

Comments

• Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    I like all of them. but the first 2 grab my eyes most. Nice, I like it, good job.
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
  • JBAJBA Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    In regards to the third one, you could always retake it with the rake turned the other way, thus posing a painful facial danger (I've actually done that).

I really like the second one. I'm not sure it's much of a "danger" photo, but it's so darned cute.
  • DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    thanks for the comment
    I appreciate your input! I am still looking around for more "danger". Dawn
  • DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    thanks
    To me it said "danger" because I know if the cat jumped on her she'd get all scratched up. dawn
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    I think the rake idea is a really good one, but the execution needs to be spiffed up, Dawn. I don't get much of a feeling of danger out of it. Maybe one reason is that the direction of the rake flip wouldn't hit the person stepping on it? You could always put the cat up a tree and call the fire department. naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Maybe use a slower shutter speed on the rake shot so it doesn't look as posed?It's a good idea tho.
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    I like the first one - the cat *almost* looks concerned.

regarding the rake, I know from my entry - making it look 'not contrived' is very hard.
    DawnLand wrote:
    Hey all. I thought I'd run some ideas by you before I enter the contest. Thanks, in advance, for any comments. Dawn

My cat actually climbed this ladder and was contemplating getting down from the roof the same way when I snapped this. (by the way.....he DID successfully climb down the ladder the same way!)

In this one my daughter Amber was trying to coax him down from the roof. I was afraid he'd jump to her and scratch her up, but he ended up going back to the ladder and getting down.

I spent the weekend cleaning up the yard and AMber thought this would make a dangerous shot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    I do think the cat looks scared on the first one.... Looking at this picture though I thought of a shot with a person walking under the ladder. Supersticious danger I guess...

Erich