A Moment Of Peace In The House

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited May 2, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
525707239_eVVSQ-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifHa Ha Tom. Isn't it nice when the "children" finally get so tired from raising h**l that they crash in a heap. With 3 dogs and 2 cats I can really relate. Beautiful felines...are they a variety of siamese?

Oh and the couch cover! How typical of a pet lover. It's good that they at least let us live with them. :D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Jack,

These critters are Burmese.....for sure there is a lot of Siamese in their blood lines. You sure nailed the sofa cover routine....except in this case it's their favorite love seat in the sun room. My wife and I don't dare sit in that thing as it's their private domain and they will let you know it. Your other observation is also spot on....I'm surprised sometimes that they tolerate us as well as they do.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • pardespardes Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    I love the color combination of the fur and upholstery! Very rich looking.
    "A photograph is a secret about a secret." Diane Arbus
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Having recently added 2 kittens to my herd, I can definitely relate! The two new ones aren't siblings but they bonded immediately and they sleep together like yours do. Unfortunately, they are so quick that I can't capture them in that state!

I agree with the comment about richness in this shot--excellent!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Morning Tom,

What a great shot, of the "True Master's of Relaxation"

We have one that resembles your's, and while searching and searching the closest to body and head type was one of Burmese desecent.

It's funny, you don't really see that many Siamese cats anymore, they used to be everywhere, but hardly ever see them in my friends homes.

They do look peaceful, reminds me, I haven't had my Nap todaymwink.gifwinkmwink.gif

Have a great weekend!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Nice shot, Tom! thumb.gif

There's nothing quite like a trio of heat leeches slowly slipping into comas after a day of chasing each other's tails. :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited May 2, 2009
    Hi pardes,

Thanks for looking in.

Tom
    edited May 2, 2009
    Hi Lauren,

I've been following your new additions and look forward to more updates as they mesh into your household.

Tom
    edited May 2, 2009
    Hi Craig,

I wish you hadn't mentioned taking a nap. I found myself making a beeline for my recliner....doesn't take much these days to send me in that direction.

I hope all's well with you.

Tom
    edited May 2, 2009
    Hey Lee,

Man, your prose overwhelms me. Aside from being true, that's about as elegantly descriptive as an observation could be.

Take care my friend.

Tom
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Thanks, Tom. I added some new shots today to my "Year in the Life of Kittens" gallery, with more new shots to come tomorrow.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com