One more senior photo

Scott293Scott293 Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited May 4, 2009 in People
I have more photo's from the shoot I did the other day and really liked this just wanted your thoughts. Plus I'm going to shoot her again next Thursday @ a later time and will not have any shadows on her face!!

524615540_DKQXC-L-1.jpg
Scott Davis

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

www.ScottDavis.smugmug.com

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    Nice Shot

I think a tight crop of this photo and you could have a great head shot.
    Her eyes really pop and that is always a good thing.

Take Care,
    Charles,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2009
    By the tiny catchlights in her eyes you must be using camera flashes. Most people dislike that type of catchlight. She is sitting pretty square to the camera and this makes her as broad as possible. Turn her so the forward shoulder is catching the main light behind it and bring her head toward the light. This gives a short light on the face and creates pleasant shadows. The back of her hands are facing the camera and that is a no no. Makes the hand very broad. Turn the outside edge up and shoot into that if you want to use that pose. Was there enough light to bump up the ISO and do existing light with a reflector fill? That gives you a beautiful light. Hope that helps.
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2009
    Scott - thanks for posting.

Before I comment, just wondering what you did, if anything, in post-processing.
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Scott293Scott293 Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Hackbone wrote:
    By the tiny catchlights in her eyes you must be using camera flashes. Most people dislike that type of catchlight. She is sitting pretty square to the camera and this makes her as broad as possible. Turn her so the forward shoulder is catching the main light behind it and bring her head toward the light. This gives a short light on the face and creates pleasant shadows. The back of her hands are facing the camera and that is a no no. Makes the hand very broad. Turn the outside edge up and shoot into that if you want to use that pose. Was there enough light to bump up the ISO and do existing light with a reflector fill? That gives you a beautiful light. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips and yes the tips will help, as reflectors go I will have some when I shoot again. Thanks for the great tips!!
    Scott Davis

Nikon D70,D2H,D300,Nikkor 300mm f2.8,Nikkor 80-200 f2.8, Nikkor 24-70 AF-S f2.8,Nikkor 50 f1.8

edited May 4, 2009
    Nice Shot

I think a tight crop of this photo and you could have a great head shot.
    Her eyes really pop and that is always a good thing.

Take Care,
    Charles,

Thanks and yes I agree with the tight crop.
    Scott Davis

edited May 4, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Scott - thanks for posting.

Before I comment, just wondering what you did, if anything, in post-processing.

The only post processing was done in raw and her eye's in CS4.
    Scott Davis