Help, Infrared question, Reds-DSLR vs Sony

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited April 4, 2010 in Technique
Hello everyone, I had decided to not alter my old 20D camera, to upgrade from my Sony V1 nightshot version infrared, and ordered a Sigma SD14 [easily hackable and replaceable filter]. I just recieved it today, and I realize now that the in camera results are the red light version, and for the workflow I used on my Sony, I don't think this will work for me.

[I introduce color back into the [Sony] photo via saturations, and I think this will be impossible with the red results with the hacked models. The sony nightshots render a greenish tan tinted infrared photo, which is where I'd like to get back to. I was hoping to be able to do that with the sigma and have Manual controls.

Before I send it back, is there a process that swaps the colors from Red to green, or am I missing something here? I also don't like the focus problems with the dark images and red images in viewfinder. So I think I'd like to get back to maybe an upgraded Sony like the H50? Any ideas for bettering my V1 set up?
thnx so much for any info!
Heres an example of what I like to do, and I can't see my way to achieve that from a red original:?
485209405_Ctbxb-L.jpg
485209382_j6Ebn-XL-1.jpg

Comments