Clematis Bud Painting

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited May 3, 2009 in Holy Macro
I saw this flower bud, a day or two away from opening up at least, with the two heart shaped leaves below it, at the top of the fence this evening and was struck by the shapes they made, and thought I could maybe do something with that.

So out came the scissors and I duly chopped it off and brought the cutting indoors (it was way too breezy outside and the fence behind was "untidy" so it made sense to get a neutral background and some still air.

Used a black card and a long exposure with just the living room lights on but TBH the result was not quite as inspiring as I had seen it in my minds eye.

Not to be beaten, I thought instead about filters and effects, and without going overboard, thought a simple watercolour filter and some type of frame would maybe make it more presentable, so after a few attempts, I came up with something that in my eye, looked far more reasonable and worth the effort.

The acid test is in here. If you like arty, you'll probably like this. If not, well, best keep me in the dark eh? Heheh.

C&C as always.

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
Image Date: 2009:05:02 21:38:14
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.58mm
Exposure Time: 6.000 s
Aperture: f/18.0
ISO equiv: 200
Exposure Bias: -1.00