May I have some C&C please?

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited May 3, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Finally had a chance to work on a photo that I took last week. :whew I went to a French & Indian War era re-enactment at Fort Frederick, MD. Weather was magnificent, BTW. This was the only shot I took that was worth keeping.

C&C much appreciated! I am trying to emulate a very nice photographer by the name of Mike Ticcino who I met while volunteering at Valley Forge as a historic interpreter.

526327828_A6Lqz-XL-1.jpg

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Looks like a good emulation to me Linda and I like the photo to boot clap.gif
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    I think it looks great and is a emulates very well. Thatis a really interesting look, I love it.
    I thought of you last week when I missed getting uptown to a civil war re-enactment by maybe an hour. Busy weekend and I flat forgot until it was too late. Darn shame, I had thought "good, I could emulate Linda!" so much for that... :D
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    I agree; Nice Work
    :ivarI agree.. The expression on his face is unique.. This is a really good shot and I love what you did with the texture and effects. The colors really carry the mood of the whole shot. The white mark above his left shoulder is a little distracting, but other than that I think it is excellent; and a definite contender..

Nice work and emulation..thumb.gif

Kat
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Wow... Linda, this is such a beautiful photo/portrait of the epoch...

Somehow on my screen the photos of the emulated artist appear to have a warmer light...headscratch.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Thank you all so much for looking and for commenting! iloveyou.gif

Tatiana you're right about the photo perhaps needing some warmth. thumb.gif

Hey dnie -- one of these days I'm going to get to one of your Texas re-enactments! I've done a lot of research on Hood's Texas Brigade in the Civil War and have earned a lot of respect for those troops.
  • BradJudyBradJudy Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Very nice emulation. The only thing I'd change is to tone down the white on the collar a bit.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    A good photo! And good PP. Really nice!!!
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    BradJudy wrote:
    Very nice emulation. The only thing I'd change is to tone down the white on the collar a bit.

+1! Very nice work.

Thanks for giving me the chance to look at Mike Toccino's work. It is lovely. You picked a good photographer to emulate.

Virginia

Email