Options

Possible Solution For Organizing Many Photos

geraldfinnegangeraldfinnegan Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
I found a way, I think, to allow a photographer to fine-tune categories within a gallery (I suppose it would work with a Category too) without having some viewers become confused with the "nesting" approach to Categories-Galleries-Sub-Categories etc.
I have two galleries that contain numerous locations around the world of CITY-SCENES and NATURE-SCENES. Rather than divide each up into locales or particular themes in Sub-Categories, I took from my Keyword-list 4 or 5 location-words + a couple of subject-keywords that I had set up previously (like "New York" or "Nature"), copied the HTML REFERENCE to each that you can get from View>Page Source in your browser and pasted that into the BIO EDIT page on Smugmug. So now on my Homepage, I refer them either to the Galleries or to the list of locations immediately below, some of which span both Galleries. That way, they can find particular sub-categories right off the bat if they're interested, and still return in a click to the home page. I re-sized the Keywords so they were all equal.
I suppose a viewer could do the same thing by going to SMUGMUG'S KEYWORDS section at once, but for the casual viewer this may not be clear, whereas sticking a few on top seems to make it easier.
Best
jerry
www.finnegan.smugmug.com
Jerry
www.finnegan.smugmug.com