A couple of landscapes from a beginner Dgrinner

twodragonfliesphotographytwodragonfliesphotography Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited May 3, 2009 in Landscapes
Hi all,

My first-ever post wasn't successful so still trying to figure this out but here goes another try... Will only post a couple of shots to make sure it works correctly - hopefully it does so I can share more in the future....

Let me know what you think....

521174999_XwwS9-L.jpg

520409071_CkVXR-L.jpg

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Hi and welcome to dgrin. Guess you figured out the posting business. #2 has a lot of potential (although it is quite nice as is. If it is a crop I'd suggest not including so much of the dead space at the bottom (eliminate about 2/3 of it) thereby showing more sky. also I'd show more on the left side and less on the right. Both these changes would allow for conformance with "the rule of thirds" and make for a stunning shot.(It would also eliminate all noise at the bottom).

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 3, 2009
    In the first one, I would straighten up the horizon. It's a bit crooked. In the second shot, I would trim the bottom "sand dunes" in half and crop some of the right side so the post is not smack dead center.
  • The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    FYI, you can always hit "preview post" to make sure you've got it done correctly.
    I like #1
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    like'em both......in #2 I would like a bit more definition in the bottom of the pic....I see what looks like bushes or grass and then the sand, fence and pole......if the contrast one the very bottom was upped a bit that would maybe bring out a touch more definition in that section.........
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifclap.gifclapclap.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website