Rose

KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited May 3, 2009 in Landscapes
This was the best I could do when I took this picture. Don't know how to do any better until I start taking classes.
Books aren't helping too well. Tell me what I should have done when I took this and what I shouldn't have.

It was cloudy and sprinkling outside, and around 7:00pm, (I was under the gutter part of the roof), and I used no flash, held it steady as I could,
`cos I still don't have a tripod. I think this is the best Rose photo I've ever taken, (although this is only the 3rd or 4th one), but I know it isn't perfect.

EXIF
Aperture: f/5.6

Exposure +1.2
Flash: None
Focal Length: 135mm

ISO: 800
Program Mode: Manual
Shutter Speed: 1/125

3497335886_c65000e6a4_b.jpg
ʞ1└0

Comments

• KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Please delete the last three post below this one. I was trying to center everything and add that the photo was taken around 7:00pm, (7:07:38 to be exactrolleyes1.gif), but it messed up and wouldn't work and then ended up doing three posts. Sorry.
    ʞ1└0
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    I Like it Kilo. The bg is nicely muted and the rose is striking. The only suggestions I would have would be not to have cut off the top petals (step back a bit or zoom out a little. Also composition wise you might try not to center the main subject.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Kilo wrote:
    Please delete the last three post below this one. I was trying to center everything and add that the photo was taken around 7:00pm, (7:07:38 to be exactrolleyes1.gif), but it messed up and wouldn't work and then ended up doing three posts. Sorry.

It looks like Ian already took care of this for me so you're all set to go. A beautiful flower with great color! I can practically smell it from here, mmmm.
  • KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    Thanks, Jack and Schmoo!

Yeah, it was suggested before to not have an object/subject be centered, but most of the time I never think about that, and most of the time the background behind the objects/subjects is too distracting, so I end up centering them.

As for having the tip cut off... that was an accident. Through the view-finder, it looked like it was all there. Other than those two things, I think it came out pretty good except I think it's a bit dark, but when I try to lighten it, it messes up the red in the rose.

I will see how much an 18x24 will cost and frame it on my wall, but only if it doesn't show color noise or pixelation when enlaged to such a size.headscratch.gif
    ʞ1└0