Options

can't rotate photos.....

airbrushjohnairbrushjohn Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited May 8, 2009 in Bug Reporting
i don't usually complain. i am paying 150 a year for a little service.
i have tried rotating photos on different computers, i highlight the photos i want to rotate, when i get to about 20 highlighted then they are not highlighted anymore. they will not rotate, i have tried it in firefox and ie. i'm not expecting extra, i just want it to work. thank you, john

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    i have tried rotating photos on different computers, i highlight the photos i want to rotate, when i get to about 20 highlighted then they are not highlighted anymore. they will not rotate, i have tried it in firefox and ie. i'm not expecting extra, i just want it to work. thank you, john
    wave.gif Hi John, we want it to work, too!

What is your site, and also, specifically and exactly what photos are you trying to rotate, give us a link to one so we can examine what's going on, thanks.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    When rotating a bunch of photos it could take some time before the
    rotated version shows in the gallery. Have to be patient.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    I am trying to rotate photos and after selecting a few the, then all the previously selected photos are mysteriously deselected. What in the world is going on.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    bham wrote:
    I am trying to rotate photos and after selecting a few the, then all the previously selected photos are mysteriously deselected. What in the world is going on.
    Are you dragging the mouse to select? I've noticed that it unselects
    previous selections. Drag is only allow once then others have to be
    individually picked. At least that is what I've found. Haven't tried shift-drag.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2009
    bham wrote:

Ok, this is odd, but if you slow down and take about a full second between clicks they don't deselect. If you click quickly, like I usually do because I usually have close to a thousand photos to rotate then after an slight pause the previously selected, are deselected. Odd bug and a new one. It wasn't like that last weekend.

Also FYI, and I have emailed this into the help desk many times (pretty much every weekend since the Akamai went live for custom names) , and its still an issue. For some reason once I select photos to rotate, some don't show to me as rotated properly, etc. I think there is some issue between it changing in the smugmug database, and then getting changed in the Akamai database and those matching quickly. Sometimes I get it looking correct for me and then days later I discovered it has rotated.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2009
    Allen wrote:
    Are you dragging the mouse to select? I've noticed that it unselects
    previous selections. Drag is only allow once then others have to be
    individually picked. At least that is what I've found. Haven't tried shift-drag.

I am selecting all individually. Also see my previous post, I was typing as you replied.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2009
    bham wrote:
    I usually have close to a thousand photos to rotate

Why? headscratch.gif Your camera doesn't have a setting to make the photos auto rotate? Having to rotate each time on Smuggy is, well, I've never had to do it and I shoot thousands of photos at a clip....
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Why? headscratch.gif Your camera doesn't have a setting to make the photos auto rotate? Having to rotate each time on Smuggy is, well, I've never had to do it and I shoot thousands of photos at a clip....

Its not a camera thing, its because of the post processing (border added). Yes I wish I didn't have to do this but unless I can get a conditional action (if portrait do a, if horizontal do b) in Photoshop I can't see how I change that.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2009
    bham wrote:
    Its not a camera thing, its because of the post processing (border added). Yes I wish I didn't have to do this but unless I can get a conditional action (if portrait do a, if horizontal do b) in Photoshop I can't see how I change that.

i figured at first that maybe alot of folks were using the system, so i tried again today, and it seemed to be ok, then i get an error saying the photos couldn't be rotated, that there was a system error. so i guess i'll just rotate in light room first, then upload. i thought the rotate option was part of the smugmug deal. anyway, have great day everyone!!
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    wave.gif Hi John, we want it to work, too!

What is your site, and also, specifically and exactly what photos are you trying to rotate, give us a link to one so we can examine what's going on, thanks.

thank you, it www.johnguate.smugmug.com and in the events section its the westbank united fc folder. again, thank you, john
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2009
    thank you, it www.johnguate.smugmug.com and in the events section its the westbank united fc folder. again, thank you, john

yeah its still not working so ya'll might want to get rid of the rotate option! i get about 20 or so photos highlighted and then the ones i just highlighted are not highlighted anymore.