Options

Busy Little Bee (macro)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited June 11, 2005 in Holy Macro
Best way to get more in focus as opposed to 50/50? Is there a way to make the camera focus faster? I usually focused and then held in in the half focus position... should I just keep it on MF for these instead in the future? (not posting my out of focus ones, just the ones I like below)

24192046-M-1.jpg
24192038-M-1.jpg
24192037-M-1.jpg
24192047-M-1.jpg

That's all for now, comments welcome :):

Comments

• Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Got a couple more nice ones today:

24336227-M-1.jpg
    24336235-M.jpg
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Im Gonna Try That
    Shima wrote:
    Best way to get more in focus as opposed to 50/50? Is there a way to make the camera focus faster? I usually focused and then held in in the half focus position... should I just keep it on MF for these instead in the future? (not posting my out of focus ones, just the ones I like below)

That's all for now, comments welcome :):
    Hi Shima......I'll be in America for almost 2 months soon, and I hope I get to see some bees to photograph while I'm there.

The bees you folks post are very different to ours here in Australia, yours are very fluffy, ours are not, I'd really like to find a big grasshopper too.
    Thank you for sharing your Bee shots, they're not easy to take are they, I've tried it a couple of times....... I need to try it with my Canon 20D.

Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Those are nice. I took some pictures of bees with my camera without a macro lense but a macro lense looks a lot easier and larger. those are really shap, I like them

clap.gif Nice job.thumb.gif
    ~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    Nice work and shots from the new camera Shima. You probably won't like this part mwink.gif , I've never used auto focus. See, told ya you wouldn't like it.

I just move forward or backward to focus with the auto focus switched off. Now you should be able to still use auto focus with what you are doing, when you have it half way depressed the auto focus should be locked anyway. Now you just need to move in and out until you see sharp focus.

Moving targets are tough work, so what you have here is fine. Ok, a little trick for you. Mix warm water and sugar together. Spread a little on the flower you want to take photos of them on. They will stay longer and give you more chance. DON'T use honey, use sugar and warm water ok. Strange but honey goes off in the sun and its not actually good for them.

Now we come down to hit rate and how many we actually call keepers. NOT ENOUGH mwink.gif . So don't let that deter you one bit. For every great macro shot you see anywhere, from anyone, there are plenty they won't show you mwink.gif Such is life.

All the best Shima and its looking good thumb.gif

Danny.