Options

Some keyword clarification please

JMontesJMontes Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited May 3, 2009 in SmugMug Support
Hi, i've been reading up on keywords and decided to add them to my photos. Of course I did it how I thought I should, then I read the smugmug help and it would appear I was not doing it right. Anyway, the help says the following -
One at a time: add-keywords_Black.gif When you're logged in, you'll see an "keywords: add" link under the main image in SmugMug viewing style. Enclose each keyword in quotes, or separate keywords with commas.
In bulk: Find the Tools Menu and choose Caption/Keyword. Look for that Quick Entry box at the top.
The rules are a bit different with Quick Entry. Every quick entry you add will be enclosed in quotes. So add sweet car and you get "sweet car" as a keyword. Add sweet then add car and you'll get two separate keywords.

I can't do one at a time as I don't have that option on my pages. Probably one of those formatting things I screwed up. The only way for me to see my kewords is to go to the bulk screen. I can see captions, just not keywords. Would eventually like to resolve this too.

With bulk, I get the impression that I need to add one word at a time, then save, then add a word, then save (for using the quick entry). Is this correct? Seems awful slow. I'm also experiencing awful web delay through smugmug as of late, so it just makes matters worse. I really don't understand how the keywords (and their formatting) work, which is why i'm posting here so sorry if this does seem like a stupid question.

If I add a keyword phrase like "xyz 123", would that image come up in a search for just xyz or 123 by themselves? or do I need to have "xyz 123", xyz, 123 like that? And is that proper formatting, or does every single word/phrase need to have quotes around it? The one at a time option says both....quotes on each word OR separate by commas. I just want to be sure I'm doing this right, I don't want to have to redo it once I'm done.

Thanks for any help in understanding this.

Comments