Down To The Wire Here - Need Opinions

KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
edited May 4, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok,,

I am running it down to the wire, last minute, but here they are... It wont be hard to figure out who I am emulating. His name is Tony Sweet. He is the "one who inspired me" to go into photography. If you go to his site and go to page "3" you will see that I am emulating his camera shake technique to make a photo look like a painting. He also uses a sandwiching technique, but he uses slides and I have not figured out how to do that in photoshop yet, so I kept it simple this time. I know the daisies need some clone clean up, but had to get these up fast..

http://www.tonysweet.com/page_gallery.html

"No Photoshop blurring or special effects or techniques at all here".. this is all camera skill and technique.. I did utilize photoshop to sharpen and adjust color and crop..

which one is closer to his work and worthy of submission?

Critique Welcome Please.. Thanks Kat:rofl

527765650_G6tvW-XL.jpg

527753644_iEDbp-XL.jpg

527750657_fiN6E-XL.jpg

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    #3 for sure. I love the movement. It has more pop that the other two as well. After looking at the link you posted, it resembles Tony Sweet's work the most as well.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • cjmchchcjmchch Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    I'd agree, number 3 has the most going for it. I'm wondering how a gaussian blurred layer of about 40% with reduced opacity might add to this image. Lovely shot and an inspirational photographer.

It seems a shame that for you have probably spent more time critiquing everbody elses images and not leaving yourself enough time to enter an image that you've had time to develop. Here's hoping you get some returns for all your input. Good luck with your entry.
    Canon - Manfrotto - Pocketwizard - Sekonic - Westcott - Hoya - Singh Ray

http://chrismckayphotography.com
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Love #3.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Thanks Guys
    Hey thanks everyone... That's ok.. I am a serious night owl; so I will have time to work up a polish on this.. Just want to focus on the one I think has the most potential.. I work best under deadline and under pressure and I love to look at everyone's stuff and critique... it helps me to learn.

Thanks for your input

Looks like so far 3 is popular.. I can try to blur with a layer from behind, maybe.. I wonder if it is too dark? maybe I can add a blur layer with diffused light...

Again thanks..thumb.gifthumb:ivar

Kat
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    I like #3 too :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Thanks PhotoBug
    Looks like 3 is a charmer..:D

Kat
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Looks like 3 is a charmer..:D

Kat

Good Luck Kat, I really like your #3 and the emulation choice - wonderful!!! thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com