Options

move to gallery

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited May 21, 2009 in Bug Reporting
Tools>Move to Gallery is tenuous at best. In Safari, the drop down menu to choose a destination gallery does not work at all. In Flock and Firefox, the drop down works, but the selection of photos is unpredictable. In one case, I selected 60 and it moved 1, in another case, it unselected my entire selection before I was finished, in a third case, my selection vanished when I clicked the drop down to choose a destination gallery.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    This is a SmugMug bug, fixed internally, should go live in our next release (soon).

Sorry for the hassle.
  • Options
    cerpintorcerpintor Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    ah, glad to hear this as I was just coming to lament about the same issue.

It's a new bug, right? It worked fine for me until recently, when the drop down menu of gallery names went haywire and the selection of images would seem to have a life of its own.

I notice there's some maintenance happening right now, so will check back later to see if this bug is fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 20, 2009
    just wondering what the status of this was, as I recall there was a new release after the first post. Just now, when attempting a "move to gallery": as I made my selections, they spontaneously unselected themselves. I started over, and the same thing happened again. this happened in both safari and FF.
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 21, 2009
    Chris,

The only way I could replicate the unselecting behavior was rapidly clicking on thumbnails. Then if you hit one that was already selected, or double clicking on one that you just selected, the first few would unselect. It looks like people on slow computers, or slow connections might see this a bit more drastic behavior if you are clicking fast.

Also, if you grag your mouse even the slightest during the click, the system sees this as a drag motion and causes an unselect to occur.

I have asked our guys to take a look and one suggestion offered was increasing the drag delay. They are looking at others. It is on our radar and we will try to get it fixed.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2009
    docwalker wrote:
    Chris,

The only way I could replicate the unselecting behavior was rapidly clicking on thumbnails. Then if you hit one that was already selected, or double clicking on one that you just selected, the first few would unselect. It looks like people on slow computers, or slow connections might see this a bit more drastic behavior if you are clicking fast.

Also, if you grag your mouse even the slightest during the click, the system sees this as a drag motion and causes an unselect to occur.

I have asked our guys to take a look and one suggestion offered was increasing the drag delay. They are looking at others. It is on our radar and we will try to get it fixed.

Thanks, docwalker. I went back and slowly clicked on the items and the behavior did not occur, not even with fast clicking so long as I was conscious not to drag. However, if I dragged the slightest bit on click, the deselection occurred. That's probably what happened, as I was quickly clicking through photos and did not notice the slight drag.
    Thanks