Pinhole camera

RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
edited May 4, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I reduced my Nikon D200 to a pinhole camera over the weekend just to play with it. Years ago I made a pinhole camera out of a box and if memory serves me correctly, I got much better results than this. I recall it being quite sharp as compared to this one.

Any ideas as to why this is so blurry… anyone?

How I did it… I took the body cap and drilled a hole in it, then took a piece of a coke can and made the smallest hole possible with a pin and attached it to the cap and simply put it on the body.

528118575_V2wib-L.jpg

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    How big was the drilled hole in the body cap? Was the alum piece on the outside or inside? I'm wondering, if hole drilled in the plastic was too small, whether the thickness of the body cap plastic might be interering with the cone of light.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    aj986s wrote:
    How big was the drilled hole in the body cap? Was the alum piece on the outside or inside? I'm wondering, if hole drilled in the plastic was too small, whether the thickness of the body cap plastic might be interering with the cone of light.

The hole in the body cap wasnt very large... maybe 1/8 of an inch and the alum piece is on the outside of the cap.

That's an interesting thought that the body cap thickness could be interfering with the cone... That makes some sense.