Options

Quick Question -- Other Pros Order Combined

timganglofftimgangloff Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited May 4, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I get this message periodically, but am now wondering why?

Date order placed: 2009-05-04 09:25:37
Status: Delayed for proofing & touch-up, processing begins on May 7th at 10:06:01 PST.
This order also contains items from other pros. Even if you're ready to ship your items early, the order won't begin processing until the above date.

Comments

• Options
    DanoDano Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    It means that they ordered photos from another photographer on Smug and will ship them together when the other pros proof delay is up.
  • Options
    timganglofftimgangloff Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    that's what I thought, but not too happy...
    If the other pro has a longer proof delay, the customer has no way to know that I "shipped" quickly, but the other pro did not, or vica versa if I am the slow one.

Dano wrote:
    It means that they ordered photos from another photographer on Smug and will ship them together when the other pros proof delay is up.
  • Options
    brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    If the other pro has a longer proof delay, the customer has no way to know that I "shipped" quickly, but the other pro did not, or vica versa if I am the slow one.

Sure they do. Do what I do. When you have released their photos from proof delay send them an email. It usually looks something like this:

Dear XXXXXX,

Thanks for your order! I've double checked everything and made sure it was perfect and sent it on to the printer. If you have any questions, let me know. Enjoy your photos.

Thanks!
    YYYYYYYY

You might want to include the phrase "If your order contains prints from other photographers, it will not print and ship until they have finished their review."

Now your customer knows you love them, and that you are not the hold up. I send one of these notes after I release every order I get.