Options

Bay Photo

SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
edited May 5, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I opted to go with Bay Photo for any sporting event photos that I sell. I am going to have them do their thing with the color correction. My question is this: Are you still supposed to edit your photo in every other way except color correction? Such as, I know I would crop the photo, but if it needs to be lightened up a little, and sharpened, do I do all that, minus color correction, then send it on to be color corrected, printed, and shipped by Bay Photo? Or does Bay Photo do a complete editing of your photo, minus the cropping?
Thanks.

Shark
"12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    I opted to go with Bay Photo for any sporting event photos that I sell. I am going to have them do their thing with the color correction. My question is this: Are you still supposed to edit your photo in every other way except color correction? Such as, I know I would crop the photo, but if it needs to be lightened up a little, and sharpened, do I do all that, minus color correction, then send it on to be color corrected, printed, and shipped by Bay Photo?
    Thanks.

Shark
    You can do all these things, even color correct if you like. Bay will only adjust as-needed, it's all by expert colorists and done by hand.
  • Options
    fredjclausfredjclaus Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    I would do all those things just in case. Some pro labs will do minor adjusting of contrast and brightness. I'd make the picture look the way you think it should look. If they feel the color is off, they will fix it anyway.
    Fred J Claus
    Commercial Photographer
    http://www.FredJClaus.com
    http://www.Fredjclaus.com/originals

Save on your own SmugMug account. Just enter Coupon code i2J0HIOcEElwI at checkout
  • Options
    SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Oh, ok, thanks guys. I'm glad I asked. I didn't think they would be able to do anything if I edited the photo first. I'll remember that,,,,,,if I ever make a sale.
    Thanks.

Shark
    "12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com