Options

Print Delay

BeachsidePaulBeachsidePaul Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
edited May 5, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Do I get a notice, and is the print delay enforced when I order "owner's prints" from my site? The order form said it was going to be delayed but it's been more than an hour and I haven't received anything asking for release to print. Am I just being impatient or does the print delay not apply when the site owner places an order? Thanks, Paul
Light Dynamics Photography

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. " ... Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Do I get a notice, and is the print delay enforced when I order "owner's prints" from my site? The order form said it was going to be delayed but it's been more than an hour and I haven't received anything asking for release to print. Am I just being impatient or does the print delay not apply when the site owner places an order? Thanks, Paul

http://www.smugmug.com/help/proof-retouch-replace

On orders that don't make a profit (orders placed when you are logged in or in galleries with no image pricing in place) the order does not appear in sales details and cannot be modified. Therefore, we send these orders straight to process and print, even if proof-delay is set for the gallery.

Write our heroes with your order # if you'd like us to check further for you, no problem :D
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    Thanks Andy, I thought I looked at that page but must not have looked all the way down. I really wanted to see how the processed work so I'll just have to pay customer price on a little test print. Thanks again, Paul

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. " ... Ansel Adams
  • Options
    Chris OChris O Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    I went through the same thing when I signed up. The print delay feature works very well, and very clearly.
  • Options
    SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Thanks Andy, I thought I looked at that page but must not have looked all the way down. I really wanted to see how the processed work so I'll just have to pay customer price on a little test print. Thanks again, Paul

I, by far, am no expert, but I did ask a zillion questions, and one of them was similar to what you just asked. You can find out how the process works without paying customer cost for one of your photos. Just go in and reset your photo to a penny over the cost. It will register as a sale, you will get notified, you can get your photo ready, and send it out to print and ship. Plus, you'll see what the sale looks like in your pro sales area.
    I think I am leading you in the right direction. If not, please, someone tidy up what I just said to BeachsidePaul. Good luck.

Shark
    "12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2009
    Thank you all for the ideas. I'll give the 1cent markup idea a run. Thanks again, Paul