Options

Fort Smith Arkansas??

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
Heading to Fort Smith Arkansas in a couple weeks for a wedding. I will be there for 6 days and other than the wedding and shooting the Oklahoma City Memorial my last night I have no other shooting plans or locations.

So if anyone is familiar with the area I would like to hear of some sights to see within a few hours drive of Fort Smith. :deal
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Around the Ft Smith - Ft Cahffie area there are lots of Historic sites......Old FT Smith Cout house...where Judge Issac Parker slammed his gavel to send many a man to the Gallows.....Judge Parker.....the Hanging Judge......
    Into fishing....Rebel Tackel factory.....Neeed a new washer/dryer .... GE

Hanging Judge google results for Ft Smith........

Take a tour of Historic Ft Chaffee ...........

Things to watch out for......sudden changes in 2 way streets to one way going in your opposite direction.....yes there are several that your headed south and all of a sudden your one a 1 way going north and being pulled over....yup I can attest to it first hand.......have ahd to pay 4 tickets I can remember........there weresome going in each direction....that town has the worse traffic I have ever seen.....give me downtown LA or SF any day to Ft Smith..............

If you have the time to drive north 63 miles north on Hiway 71 for a day in Fayetteville it would be worth your photog time......Home of the Uof A and the infamous Dickson Street.....where fora couple of decades (may still be there) was the first openly gay bar I had ever heard of.....supposedly had a wide white line separating the straights from the non straights......in the 70's I have not the guts to venture into such a place....name was George's Majestic Lounge......A cross the street was the Swinging Door....where 2 or 3 times a year you could hear B. W. Stevenson as he jumped from table to table singing his hits like My Maria........

Or just a few miles to the sest in Oklahoma is Prague......Prague OK that is where the Shrine to the Infant Jesus is located.....The Infant Jesus Statue that is in the Shrine wasw smuggled out of Prague Czechoslovakia during WW2 or maybe it was WW1....I cannot remember...........I hear it is a cool little Czedch town in the heart of Oklahoma..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Thanks Art appreciate the leads. I actually found some landscape locations I would like to shoot. wings.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Thanks Art appreciate the leads. I actually found some landscape locations I would like to shoot. wings.gif

my pleasure......when driving around try to be on the "OLD" roads....as a lot of the hiways are newer than 20 yrs and miss the really great vistas especially going north.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website