First time using selective colouring

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited May 4, 2009 in People
Never tired it before so I thought I would give it a 10 minute going over.

Please pick out every fault you can find (rather in the photo than the editing) as its the only way to make sure you improve bad habits.

She isnt the easiest of kids to take pictures of and only had 5 minutes with her then she refused to take any more pictures :giggle If they know you its different I guess.

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    My 2 cents. Her legs have a green reflection from the grass. Your watermark is far too domineering. Try a crop that places the bottom of the image just below her feet and just above her head....bring in the right hand side a little more as well. The SC debate is one that rages on so my only personal suggestion would be not to apply it to the entire subject, but rather an object. Try JUST the pink coat.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    sorry..but this shot just doesn't do anything for me ignoring the selective coloring. First and foremost the light is very harsh (blown highlights etc). 2ndly the subject matter/composition simply isn't very compelling. Had the child been laughin and looking at the camera and you had atighter crop and good lighitng..weeeeellll maybe then.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com