Some New Works Various Themes and Techniques

jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
edited May 7, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Have not been on Dgrin in awhile but I have indeed been out and about shooting. Here are 4 of my most recent favorites. All have some form or variation of digital rendering techniques such as HDR, Texturing, and photoshop corrections.

Textured Background HDR
527293854_eC5h9-XL.jpg

Multiple Textures, Digital Blend, Photoshop vignette
526736901_NQeBA-L.jpg

9 Photo HDR Vertorama
522913034_RH65i-L.jpg

5 shot HDR, slight texture, Photoshop desaturation
521882214_ACxbu-L.jpg

If anyone has any questions about the techniques feel free to let me know I am happy to answer.
Have many more recents up at my blog www.fiftypercentchanceofrain.com
Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!

Comments

• RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Interesting... I have not played with any of the texturing and such yet, You may have given me some motivation.

Nice stuff...
  • jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Roadkill,

go for it! I have a lot of fun mixing and matching textures with my images. I try to shoot all my own textures which makes each image even more unique.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    Nice to see you posting again, Jason. I like your rose piece the best--you really captured some nice texture in those petals. Good stuff!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Wow, these are interesting. The rose is so 'in my face'!

Each one of these have an appeal to me. It makes me want to ask a lot of questions. Nice...
    edited May 6, 2009
    Eis, ask away.
  • mud390mud390 Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    The tractor shot looks like something you would see in an advertisement. Very nice! Textures are a new concept to me, but its something I'm going to have to look into.

Kris
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Were these taken in one area or a few different places... are those bones laying in the grass in that last pic?
    edited May 7, 2009
    Eia,

Yes those are bones in the last photo. I named that photo "what remains" the story behind the photo is how the ranch is changing from it original state and those bones are of a family heifer that died and was left as the family has decided to no longer run family cattle on the ranch. The barn and the tractor also are going the same way so quite a bit of symbolism in the photo. On my blog I write a lot about the photos and try to put the story behind the photos you can find out more about these photos there. I think it ads so much to each photo.