Options

Printing problems

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited May 5, 2009 in Finishing School
I have a HP psc 1310 series. I think as you know I have purchased a 24" monitor replacing my 20" monitor. I tried today to print out some images and OMG no good at all everything turned out in a green colour. I realise my new monitor needs calibrating and I am going through the process of purchasing the EyeOne as you will see from my other post on here.
Anyhow, knowing I got perfect prints from my previous monitor I thought I would try it again knowing it gave excellent results. Well I have found the printer is producing the same kind of green coloured prints. My wife suggested it was an ink problem so I changed both cartridges but still the same. Is there anything I can change for these image (green) colours, either on the computer or the printer?
Regards
Bob
P.S I really do keep returning with problems and I apologise for this.

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited May 5, 2009
    Bob,

I think we need a great deal more information. Just changing a monitor should not alter how your previously edited images print.

Were the images you tried to print edited on your original monitor, or on your new monitor? Were these files that had previously printed correctly, or were these new images recently edited on your new uncalibrated monitor?

If these are files that printed correctly before, then you need to look at the steps in your printing workflow - printer/paper profiles and whether the ink nozzles need cleaning.

If these are files you edited on your new uncalibrated monitor, get it calibrated and try again before trying to sort this out.

What profile did you use for your printer/paper?
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Bob,

I think we need a great deal more information. Just changing a monitor should not alter how your previously edited images print.

Were the images you tried to print edited on your original monitor, or on your new monitor? Were these files that had previously printed correctly, or were these new images recently edited on your new uncalibrated monitor?

If these are files that printed correctly before, then you need to look at the steps in your printing workflow - printer/paper profiles and whether the ink nozzles need cleaning.

If these are files you edited on your new uncalibrated monitor, get it calibrated and try again before trying to sort this out.

What profile did you use for your printer/paper?

Hi Pathfinder,
    I would agree entirely by changing the monitor shouldn't change the quality of the print.
    The images I was printing were edited on my previous monitor which had turned out first class. But no longer so.
    I have gone into Control Panel and Printers and looked at all the options but there is nothing there to alter the colours that I originally appreciated. I have cleaned and realligned the nozzles but things are still the same.
    Thanks once again for the help which I truly appreciate.
    Regards
    Bob