Veronica *In An Old Subway* [8 10D Pics]

elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
edited June 9, 2005 in People
Howdy folks!

Today, I had a shooting with a girl called Veronica. Some of you might have "met" her before. She's been asking me for ages to shoot her, and finaly I got some time over. I asked her what she'd like to do, and she said "I have no idea! It doesn't matter, you decide!" Ok, very well then! She had no ideas so I had to be the creative one! I scratched my head for a while, then this idea came sneakin'.... I new in the back of my head that I've seen an old subway car (full of graffiti) standing in a fire station area nearby where I live. I think they use it to practise putting out fires in subways. Anyway - I thought that could be cool.
We went there, and yes - I remebered right! We could use it, and we did! We had a great shoot. She's a very lovely and jolly young lady! Here is a few samples. The light on the last one, when she's "driving the sub" was terrible, but I did what I could to rescue, and somehow, I like it.
Comments are welcome! (Sorry for bombarding with pictures!)

24335017-O.jpg

24335018-O.jpg

24335020-O.jpg

24335023-O.jpg

24335024-O.jpg

24335036-O.jpg

24335030-O.jpg

24335014-O.jpg

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Great set. The 2nd last one is my favourite but they are all great. Nice model toomwink.gifrofl
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Thanx rahmonster!
    Glad you liked them! thumb.gif
  • bkrietebkriete Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    I like her hair and expression in #5. #6 looks a little soft to me; not sure if it's out of focus or if you went to town with the glamour look in post-processing. I like the composition, colors (orange wall and blue shirt look great together), and Veronica's pose in the "driving" one, but I'm not sure about her facial expression. Did you want her looking a little tense or apprehensive? I also find the brown cord running down the wall distracting.

Some nice shots overall, and a very attractive model.
    edited June 7, 2005
    Thanx bkriete!
    Haha! Yes, I guess I "went to town", softened a little to much! I see that now! Been sitting to long, it's easy to go blind with the effects - just a little more, just a liiiittle more.

Regarding her facial expressions - she is always happy and smiling, but unfortunately she hates her own smile. She prefer not smiling on the pics, and if that's what she wants! (Yes, I've told her hundreds of time that she has a lovely smile!)

Thanx for your input! thumb.gif
    bkriete wrote:
    I like her hair and expression in #5. #6 looks a little soft to me; not sure if it's out of focus or if you went to town with the glamour look in post-processing. I like the composition, colors (orange wall and blue shirt look great together), and Veronica's pose in the "driving" one, but I'm not sure about her facial expression. Did you want her looking a little tense or apprehensive? I also find the brown cord running down the wall distracting.

Some nice shots overall, and a very attractive model.
  • CharlemagneCharlemagne Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    Matty!!!
    Well I made it over here, Like I said before, she is a great looking model, and I understand what you mean about the kids and wife being away, it happened to me before also, its funny, you miss them like crazy, but the freedom feels REALLY good! Laughing.gif

Tell me something though.... who is that good looking guy in your avatar?? did you hire some professional swedish model to be in your avatar?? Laughing.gif

Charles
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2005
    1st, 3rd and Last are my favorite ones, really get set of shots... she's very camera friendly :)
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Fantastic set! Great looking model and excellent location choice!

My only negative remark would be , next time - darker shoes.

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Great series Mattias. I like #3 (in spite of the light shoes :D) and the two head shots. Did you get any with her smiling?

regards
    alan
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Mattias!
    Very good work!
    Just master!
    I think that there's a lot of models, standing in a line to be photographed by you, ah?

What lens did you use and what size of prints you usualy make?
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    edited June 8, 2005
    Hi there, Charles! Welcome to Dgrin! :o)
    Yes! It's good to have some "freedom" time to time - as I wrote, it was oh, about two years ago that I had more than 1 day on my own, so to speak! But I'm not complaning of course - that comes with the "family package". *Haha*
    Just spoke with my oldest son Liam on the phone! OOooh, it breaks my heart to hear his voice, saying all the time "Daddy! Daaaaaddy! Dad! Daddy!" iloveyou.gif

Hmm.... yes, that incredible handsome avatarguy! Hehe! Well, it's a relative to me, very very close. mwink.gif Cool guy huh! I admire him alot! thumb.gif *Titter*

So, gonna hang around here at Dgrin something? Looking forward to see your pictures around here!!!

Stay Tuned / Matty

Well I made it over here, Like I said before, she is a great looking model, and I understand what you mean about the kids and wife being away, it happened to me before also, its funny, you miss them like crazy, but the freedom feels REALLY good! Laughing.gif

Tell me something though.... who is that good looking guy in your avatar?? did you hire some professional swedish model to be in your avatar?? Laughing.gif

Charles
    edited June 8, 2005
    Thanx Shima! Yes, I agree with you!
    She's very photogenic - it's almost no challenge to shoot her! *Haha* To simple, just aim and shot and *Poff* you have a great shot! :):

Matty
    Shima wrote:
    1st, 3rd and Last are my favorite ones, really get set of shots... she's very camera friendly :)
    edited June 8, 2005
    Thanx! Yes, she brought a bag full of...
    ... clothes, but she only had 1 set of shoes with her! So, there was no choice!

Chears / Matty beer.gif
    Nir wrote:
    Fantastic set! Great looking model and excellent location choice!

My only negative remark would be , next time - darker shoes.
  • Hasse AHasse A Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 8, 2005
    Hello Matte
    U are very good. Stop that bussdriving, make pictures.
    Hasse A
    elfving73 wrote:
    Howdy folks!

Today, I had a shooting with a girl called Veronica. Some of you might have "met" her before. She's been asking me for ages to shoot her, and finaly I got some time over. I asked her what she'd like to do, and she said "I have no idea! It doesn't matter, you decide!" Ok, very well then! She had no ideas so I had to be the creative one! I scratched my head for a while, then this idea came sneakin'.... I new in the back of my head that I've seen an old subway car (full of graffiti) standing in a fire station area nearby where I live. I think they use it to practise putting out fires in subways. Anyway - I thought that could be cool.
    We went there, and yes - I remebered right! We could use it, and we did! We had a great shoot. She's a very lovely and jolly young lady! Here is a few samples. The light on the last one, when she's "driving the sub" was terrible, but I did what I could to rescue, and somehow, I like it.
    Comments are welcome! (Sorry for bombarding with pictures!)

24335017-O.jpg

24335018-O.jpg

24335020-O.jpg

24335023-O.jpg

24335024-O.jpg

24335036-O.jpg

24335030-O.jpg

24335014-O.jpg
    edited June 8, 2005
    Haha! Thanx Hasse!
    Now, nothing would be more cool than turning my camera into a "working tool" instead of busses. Boy! Imagine makin' money of out your hobby/passion. I'm not confident enought though... I'm not sure If I have what it takes to go pro! But nothing can stop me from dreaming.... :flash

Stay Tuned / Matty
    edited June 8, 2005
    Thanx Alan!
    She smiles, laughs and tell jokes all days - but when posing, she just don't want to, because she doesn't like her own smile. Naturally, I've told her thousands of time that she's got a gorgeous smile, but she still prefer not to. So, I'm not gonna push her. Perhaps one could get the feeling that she's uncomfortable, bored or sad, but that's far from the truth. She LOVES having her pictures taken!

Matty
    BigAl wrote:
    Great series Mattias. I like #3 (in spite of the light shoes :D) and the two head shots. Did you get any with her smiling?

regards
    alan
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Hasse A wrote:
    U are very good. Stop that bussdriving, make pictures.
    Hasse A
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Wonderfully done Mattythumb.gif
    edited June 9, 2005
    Thanx Yuri! :o)
    Haha! Well, I'd be a liar if I said that they are cuein' outside my door, begging me through the the mail drop to shoot'em! But I have a few that are interested! thumb.gif

For the two close ups, I used my Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, and for the rest my Sigma 18-125 mm f/3.5-f/5.6

I have mostly done A4 prints (21x29,7 cm), a few 30X40 cm, but also a few 40x50 cm.

Matty
    Mattias!
    Very good work!
    Just master!
    I think that there's a lot of models, standing in a line to be photographed by you, ah?

What lens did you use and what size of prints you usualy make?
    Spasibo,
    Yuri
    edited June 9, 2005
    Thanx John!
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Wonderfully done Mattythumb.gif