Where I've been since March

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited May 7, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
As I had mentioned in a thread started by divamum, I had been MIA for a short time while my kitchen and bathrooms were being redone. Most of the work on the downstairs bathrooms and in the kitchen is finished. The upstairs bathroom is still not complete but should be before the end of the month.

For anyone who'd like to see the results of the renovation, here's a link:

http://lrichters.smugmug.com/gallery/7990646_QGowX

I feel like I'm getting my life back again... :whew

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    As I had mentioned in a thread started by divamum, I had been MIA for a short time while my kitchen and bathrooms were being redone. Most of the work on the downstairs bathrooms and in the kitchen is finished. The upstairs bathroom is still not complete but should be before the end of the month.

For anyone who'd like to see the results of the renovation, here's a link:

http://lrichters.smugmug.com/gallery/7990646_QGowX

I feel like I'm getting my life back again... :whew

Heeeheeee!! What fun. Love the cabinets and granite!! We did a fairly massive attic makeover just over a year ago which required moving and redoing the kitchen while we were at it so that we could have normal stairs UP to said attic. Ever strapped for cash (starving musicians - 'nuff said), we did it on an extreme budget, with just about everything coming from Craigslist including our quartz countertop (with attached very high end undermount sink thrown in for good measure), cabinets (used Kraftmaid maple shaker style, which was exactly what we had wanted) and appliances (w/warrantee cards). It was such fun despite the 5 months of constant upheaval as we took down a wall and lived without a kitchen across the Christmas holiday.... Sounds like your contractor was as good a fit for you as ours was for us. Congrats!!

Our before (well, we'd already started work as you can see from the cut wall, but that was the kitchen as was. 24" of counter space IN TOTAL, ie the area between fridge and apartment-sized stove):
    IMG_4301.jpg?t=1241579986

Same view after:

towardsstovewithbeau.jpg?t=1241580079
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    WOW! That turned out nice, and you got more counter space to boot!

It's nice when the chaos finally starts to settle, isn't it? :D
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Hmmm ... Is this in our future?

Dgrin challenge #26

Home Makeovers

Remodel your house, then present pictures of before and after. You may remodel any room you wish, but the remodeling must be done during the contest period ... :D
    edited May 6, 2009
    MarkR wrote:

Dgrin challenge #26

Home Makeovers

Remodel your house, then present pictures of before and after. You may remodel any room you wish, but the remodeling must be done during the contest period ... :D

:lol4 rolleyes1.gif
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    MarkR wrote:

Dgrin challenge #26

Home Makeovers

Oh good heavens, I hope not! I'm stressing out over a broken washing machine and a office spring cleaning. That's about all I can handle, unless you want to see shots of my butterfly garden in progress. rolleyes1.gif

Seriously though Linda, thanks for sharing. It turned out GREAT!
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

edited May 6, 2009
    Oh dear ... hope Kerry doesn't get any ideas for future challenges... :uhoh :giggle

Yep, this has been an adventure and a half!
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Oh dear ... hope Kerry doesn't get any ideas for future challenges... :uhoh :giggle

Sooooo many ideas. naughty.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Diva, I sort of image that your kitchen would look like that before image up there.... Were you able to find a new home for that music stand in the hallway?
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited May 6, 2009
    HoofClix wrote:
    Diva, I sort of image that your kitchen would look like that before image up there.... Were you able to find a new home for that music stand in the hallway?

Ha! Well spotted :D That "hallway" was actually the prior dining room (now the kitchen) at the back of the house - one of the reasons for opening up the attic was to get my daughter upstairs into a bigger room, thereby freeing up her old room as a music studio for me.

Of course, that now gets repurposed pretty regularly too (as does the music stand - they make a great reflector holder :D) - when it's not being musically used, it acts as a makeshift (and small!) photographic studio...

Linda, I SWEAR I didnt' mean to hijack your thread - you have all that pretty granite and beeeyoootiful new space to show off - you should post the pictures in here instead of just the link! Most importantly, enjoy your "new" space - it really looks fantastic thumb.gif
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Glad you're back and your project went smoothly. These things do have a way of becoming all-consuming, don't they?
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    (as does the music stand - they make a great reflector holder :D)

OMG! bowdown.gif Thank you for saying that! I was going to get rid of my son's that I just ran across while cleaning out his closet. I don't think it was ever used.
    :D It will be now! I wasn't thinking outside the box, shame on me! rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 7, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Linda, I SWEAR I didnt' mean to hijack your thread - you have all that pretty granite and beeeyoootiful new space to show off - you should post the pictures in here instead of just the link! Most importantly, enjoy your "new" space - it really looks fantastic thumb.gif

rolleyes1.gifDon't even worry about it.

We are definitely enjoying the new spaces, thanks! :D
    edited May 7, 2009
    Halite wrote:
    Glad you're back and your project went smoothly. These things do have a way of becoming all-consuming, don't they?
    Oh they sure do consume you. And on top of that, you're so disoriented by all the chaos that you just put all your hobbies on hold, at least I do. :uhoh