Options

Company Wants To Use My Image For Advertising...

BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
edited May 6, 2009 in Sports
This is a first post for me asking for advice! Here is the thing... I have a race team asking to use some of my images for advertising etc. The problem is that i havent sold for that type of usage - so i dont know what to charge for that!? I know that creating a pricing struction is an individual thing - but i am asking for a general idea of what people charge for that type of useage.

This is an area that I am hoping to do more work in - but I dont want to over charge now and get nothing more, but also dont want to sell myself short.

Any ideas from those who have done this type of thing?!
...more to come!

Comments

• Options
    tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    I charge the same as if I would have sold a digital download. for commercial use, I charge $150 for a shot I already took, and if I have to go take one, I charge $275 + travel. (can go higher if not local). I retain the rights and license it for the specific purpose the company wants it for....
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • Options
    tdinardotdinardo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    This is a first post for me asking for advice! Here is the thing... I have a race team asking to use some of my images for advertising etc. The problem is that i havent sold for that type of usage - so i dont know what to charge for that!? I know that creating a pricing struction is an individual thing - but i am asking for a general idea of what people charge for that type of useage.

This is an area that I am hoping to do more work in - but I dont want to over charge now and get nothing more, but also dont want to sell myself short.

Any ideas from those who have done this type of thing?!

You should pick up a copy of fotoquote. That will give you the ballbark to start negotiations in.