Photo Story

RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
edited May 7, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Attended a drum circle this last weekend which was really cool. After looking at the pics, I thought would try and make a photo story out of them, which I havent done in a very long time (like 20 years… lol), so I’m sure that I’m a bit rusty at it. I now wish I had shot this event with that purpose in mind, none the less, here is a shot at it.

Would love some input on layout and do’s and don’ts.

Thanks for looking.

529726046_AyzpZ-XL.jpg

Comments

• TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Very nice thumb.gif . I like it. I can feel the beat of the conga line in the lower left :ivar .
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    clap.gif azzaro
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Very nice indeed Phil. thumb.gifthumb You might edit it to include a little explanation of just what a drum circle signifies or celebrates. (Am I showing my age! :D )

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Very nice indeed Phil. thumb.gifthumb You might edit it to include a little explanation of just what a drum circle signifies or celebrates. (Am I showing my age! :D )

I guess photo stories have become passé.

Jack’ll do: A drum circle really doesn’t celebrate anything other than people from all walks of life getting together and just hanging out and having a good time.

I think they started by just some people getting together on a beach with a drum or two, and people started to gather. Now they have grown into on of the largest gatherings of quite a diverse group you’ll ever see.

I saw everything from freaks to musicians to rednecks to the wine and cheese group. All drinking their favorite beverage along with dancing and cheering as the sun set. A good portion of the people brought their own drum and attempted to add something to the sound. It was almost cult like in the way the crowd reacted to the last bit of light when the sun finally set. I’ll go again in a couple of weeks, they apparently gather every Sat. evening.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Interesting enough. I like it. Very good work and nice shots.
    Anybody can do it.