photography is a dangerous hobby in Kentucky.

pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited June 8, 2005 in People
I got a new camera!! It's a Digital Rebel XT, and I love it. It's taking a lot of practice to get good pictures out of it though. I have a lot to learn. Unfortunately in order to practice I need willing subjects...I'm having trouble finding them. Kentucky isn't really the sort of place where you can just wander about in public and find people who will let you photograph them. So I had to try my sister. It didn't work out well. (Notice me in the reflection.)

20050606_0185Quicke-mailview.jpg

Or edited in b&w:
20050606_0185edit2Quicke-mailview.jpg

You might ask if she bites? The answer is yes, and she does not have her rabies shots.
Maybe I should submit this to the "danger" thread.

Comments

• CharlemagneCharlemagne Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Yup... looks like she got Kentucky Backwoods fever, that is a sickness brought on to people who live in the rural areas of Kentucky, W Va, and Tennessee; whenever they see a photographer or federal employees.. it causes them to react this way... I used to live in Southwestern PA, so I saw this all of the time in W VA! Laughing.gif

Nice shot by the way.. good job getting yourself in the photo

Charles
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Your both wearing the same color shirts, how cute. :D Ok enough of that. Sharpness, and focus look good, color looks good, composition is good, reflection of a good looking photographer is a plus, looks like a good photo to me.

Maybe you need to offer your sister some cherry ripes, they even calm andy down. clap.gifclap.gif That or some tranqualizers. Or you could remind her that pretty soon she is gonna start wanting to date guys if she isn't already and that photos like this can be brought out at anytime when they come over.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    lol3.gif Perhaps you can practice by shooting landscapes, if the natives are restless? lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    The natives are dangerously restless, especially the pre-teen living in my house haha. I would gladly calm her with some cherry ripes if I knew what they were. They haven't made it to Kentucky yet apparently, we're a good 20 years behind the rest of the world for some reason.

-Amy