My daughter's boyfriend in the garage

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited May 7, 2009 in People
I've been anxious to take some garage shots of this adorable little guy who is Samantha's boyfriend. The wedding has already been planned by these two!eek.gif

Lucky for me he came over for a play date a few days ago. He's a little flushed from running around in the Florida heat, but he's very cute!

527150868_HPodG-L.jpg

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    How adorable, nice shot too. Not knowing you well, I anticipated a young teen, a throwback to my era, in the garage rebuilding a carburetor! You seem rather calm, good for you. very nice photo clap.gif , and he has a nice open honest face, why would you worry??
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Love the lighting and his eyes are great!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Mitchell.... Mitchell - WHAT is it that you do to eyes? Is it just the Magic Garage doing its thing, or do you have some kind of photographic pixie dust you sprinkle as you snap the shutter? Enquiring minds.... :)

Adorable. Your Samantha is obviously a heartbreaker already :D
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Mitchell.... Mitchell - WHAT is it that you do to eyes? Is it just the Magic Garage doing its thing, or do you have some kind of photographic pixie dust you sprinkle as you snap the shutter? Enquiring minds.... :)

Adorable. Your Samantha is obviously a heartbreaker already :D

Too funny!

No PP on these eyes at all. Other then a levels adjustment and a slight vignette, this shot is right out of the camera.

Magic garage light. Try it with your daughter.
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Great pic....that sweaty/flushed look works really well for this one - you had it planned all along, didn't you?! mwink.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Lovely.. your grandkids will be sure to have some curly hair!iloveyou.gif

Curious- what was your ISO? The background seems a bit more noisy than usual for your garage portraits.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2009
    Mitchell wrote:
    Too funny!

No PP on these eyes at all. Other then a levels adjustment and a slight vignette, this shot is right out of the camera.

Magic garage light. Try it with your daughter.

I would, if only I had a garage...... rolleyes1.gif
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Lovely.. your grandkids will be sure to have some curly hair!iloveyou.gif

Curious- what was your ISO? The background seems a bit more noisy than usual for your garage portraits.

Heather, this was taken at ISO 250. I didn't really notice the noise until your pointed it out. I'm not sure why it is so prominent in that background at that setting.

Could be that my old D2Xs is wearing out and needs to be replaced with a a new D3. Thanks for the idea!clap.gif