How about this?

Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited June 8, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Taken Saterday the 4th. I know there are other pictures like this, but is this one ok? I'm still working on my electric socket one. I'll post it soon on this thread.
~Take it while it's there, cause tomorrow it will be gone~

Comments

• Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Maybe it's just the perspective but it just looks like someone standing on a rock sticking out of the water.ne_nau.gif In the other threads your talking about they seem to be standing on the edge of something really high up. Now maybe if you had one of Harry's gators in the water, that would be dangerrolleyes1.gif That's just my two cents and for what it's worth I don't have a good entry yet.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Rufio220Rufio220 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Ya i wasn't sure if it was dangerous enough because you can'e really tell how far out the subject is or how high. Thank you.

Eric&Susan wrote:
    Maybe it's just the perspective but it just looks like someone standing on a rock sticking out of the water.ne_nau.gif In the other threads your talking about they seem to be standing on the edge of something really high up. Now maybe if you had one of Harry's gators in the water, that would be dangerrolleyes1.gif That's just my two cents and for what it's worth I don't have a good entry yet.

Eric
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Yeah, looks like they're about to go wading off the rock... nice idea, I like the picture, just not for danger.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Not to pile on, Ruf, but I agree with the others. :D Doesn't look very dangerous. Looks kinda cool and relaxing, actually. naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Definately needs something else:fish
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Definately needs something else:fish
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited June 8, 2005
    Thanks, so is it an ok picture even if it isn't dangerous?

wxwax wrote:
    Not to pile on, Ruf, but I agree with the others. :D Doesn't look very dangerous. Looks kinda cool and relaxing, actually. naughty.gif
  • ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Rufio220 wrote:
    Thanks, so is it an ok picture even if it isn't dangerous?
    I like the idea....but the feet look a little blown out. ne_nau.gif
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    The submerged rock and the water are beautifully captured, but I agree that the feet -- especially the toes -- are blown out and that distracts from the overall impact of the photo. You might want to try adjusting your exposure compensation if you are able to reshoot. Keep at it. You've got some great ideas. clap.gif

Virginia

Email
    edited June 8, 2005
    Thats alot. that is real compliment. I will keep it at it.

Flyinggina wrote:
    The submerged rock and the water are beautifully captured, but I agree that the feet -- especially the toes -- are blown out and that distracts from the overall impact of the photo. You might want to try adjusting your exposure compensation if you are able to reshoot. Keep at it. You've got some great ideas. clap.gif

Virginia