Options

Boston Bruins Game

SharkShark Registered Users Posts: 282 Major grins
edited May 11, 2009 in Sports
I was at the Boston Bruins/Carolina Hurricanes game this past Sunday. I've been a Bruin fan for a very long time, but this was my first home game. It was an awesome day, even though they lost. Of course I had to bring the camera in to get a few shots. Here are a few of them.
C&C is welcome.

529935644_HzHTk-L.jpg
Tim Thomas waiting for the faceoff.

529935640_BXEfR-L.jpg
David Krejci taking care of some business along the boards.

529935623_LQ7Q3-L.jpg
Zdeno Chara flexing.

529935675_Yz3Us-L.jpg
Zdeno Chara again in back of the net. Check out the look on the lady's face in the stands.

529935501_wh65c-L.jpg
I believe this is Dennis Wideman circling across the blue line.

529935580_mwQrh-L.jpg
Milan Lucic blocking everyone's view during warmups. They all don't seem to care though.

529935539_PLCcB-L.jpg
A couple shots of Tim Thomas doing what he does best.

529935577_XD8YF-L.jpg

529935679_SjFEp-L.jpg
A spirited meeting along the boards between Mark Stewart and Scott Walker.

529935598_dABfH-L.jpg
Chuck Kobasew at the top of the circle.

529935519_spXhs-L.jpg
The veteran, Mark Recchi, skating during warmups.

I have more, but I'll leave you all with just these samples.
Thanks for looking.

Shark
"12 significant photographs in any one year is a good crop".
Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    jammydodgerjammydodger Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 6, 2009
    Boston Bruins
    Shark wrote:
    I was at the Boston Bruins/Carolina Hurricanes game this past Sunday. I've been a Bruin fan for a very long time, but this was my first home game. It was an awesome day, even though they lost. Of course I had to bring the camera in to get a few shots. Here are a few of them.
    C&C is welcome.

529935644_HzHTk-L.jpg
    Tim Thomas waiting for the faceoff.

529935640_BXEfR-L.jpg
    David Krejci taking care of some business along the boards.

529935623_LQ7Q3-L.jpg
    Zdeno Chara flexing.

529935675_Yz3Us-L.jpg
    Zdeno Chara again in back of the net. Check out the look on the lady's face in the stands.

529935501_wh65c-L.jpg
    I believe this is Dennis Wideman circling across the blue line.

529935580_mwQrh-L.jpg
    Milan Lucic blocking everyone's view during warmups. They all don't seem to care though.

529935539_PLCcB-L.jpg
    A couple shots of Tim Thomas doing what he does best.

529935577_XD8YF-L.jpg

529935679_SjFEp-L.jpg
    A spirited meeting along the boards between Mark Stewart and Scott Walker.

529935598_dABfH-L.jpg
    Chuck Kobasew at the top of the circle.

529935519_spXhs-L.jpg
    The veteran, Mark Recchi, skating during warmups.

I have more, but I'll leave you all with just these samples.
    Thanks for looking.

Shark

from one bruins fan to another - http://elmurphy.smugmug.com/gallery/7937744_imDU7#515122653_wqHfW
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2009
    Great job Emma, love the Bruin photos. Sadness in Beantown last night huh? Winning the opener at Carolina would have been nice. Looking forward to possibly making one more trip to a game this year. Would love for it to be the Stanley Cup finals.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    I was at the game Sunday too - I must be a jinx, they haven't played that badly in a long time. Played much better last night, but lost in OT - gotta get them Friday and get back home 2-2!

I was going to bring my camera but the policy said "no detachable lenses" and I decided not to bring my wife's P&S. Thanks for the shots!

Go Bruins!
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2009
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I was at the game Sunday too - I must be a jinx, they haven't played that badly in a long time. Played much better last night, but lost in OT - gotta get them Friday and get back home 2-2!

I was going to bring my camera but the policy said "no detachable lenses" and I decided not to bring my wife's P&S. Thanks for the shots!

Go Bruins!

You know, I thought I was the only jinx. I couldn't believe that the first time I've ever seen the Bruins at home, they play like that and end up losing. I guess together, we really put the whammy on them. All in all though, it being my first trip to the Garden, the whole day was awesome. A win would have topped it off, but it was still great to be there and see it live. There is so much that you don't see on TV.
    I watched the overtime in last night's game, and the Bruins had a few chances in OT to score, but it just wouldn't go in. When I saw Carolina score, I couldn't believe it. Definitely need to take Game 4 there and come back to Boston tied.
    I never saw a policy for cameras at the Garden, so I went in and asked. And just as I thought, you could bring a camera in as long as the lens isn't over three inches in length. So I went back out to my vehicle and grabbed it before the gates opened.
    I have some more shots from the game that I will be putting up on my site. As I edit them, they will go up.
    www.pbs131.smugmug.com

Shark
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Shark wrote:

529935580_mwQrh-L.jpg

Hahaha anyone else notice the awkwardness of the positioning of the on board advertisment.
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    winger wrote:
    Hahaha anyone else notice the awkwardness of the positioning of the on board advertisment.
    Not until now! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 8, 2009
    winger wrote:

That's wild. As I got down to your reply, the first thing I saw was the photo, and the very first thing I noticed was the Coke bottle hanging down. I never saw it while initially looking through all my shots. Then I read what you wrote. That is funny.
    Ansel Adams

www.pbs131.smugmug.com
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2009
    Shark wrote:
    That's wild. As I got down to your reply, the first thing I saw was the photo, and the very first thing I noticed was the Coke bottle hanging down. I never saw it while initially looking through all my shots. Then I read what you wrote. That is funny.

Yeah I love gems like that when you look thru photos the second time. :)