Options

PS Path Heron Redo

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited June 8, 2005 in Wildlife
This is very little work on the heron on the path, no matter what time it was. My pen now isn't working that well. Whatever I did I wrote down, so I didn't do much. RAW: Exp +30, Shadows O, brightness 38, contrast 30 saturation O,
luminence 8, Color noise reduction 38 (I can explain that if wanted).
In PS: Levels Enhance Mono conrast, snap neutrals, input 0 0.95 255
Saturation +25, USM 165 2.3 and 31 (as per Rutt's instructions, over lightly)

done

24349531-L.jpg

Below is the original RAW version, as near as I can tell. the way it was brought up looks a lot like the orig w/o any changes.
if I had had less pressure to do "less" as an experiment. I probably would have tried a bit of curves, maybe upped the yellow.
but I think the top one is already fine.

ginger

24349538-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    I think the top one is fine toothumb.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2005
    Natural RAW shot of the vegetation...... and heron
    Right from RAW, not touched or changed. I don't even know if the egret is in focus, I just saw a couple of these and thought that this might show how green, green can be naturally in places. The grounds man told me not to bother going down here as it was all grown up. I could see a bit of the marsh in places. It is very narrow, all that vegetation is in a narrow area, so you can imagine how much there is in other area. g

24351157-L.jpg
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.