Golden Gate Bridge, Baker Beach...IR

CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited May 7, 2009 in Landscapes
This doesn't really do justice to how much fog was really there. The IR cuts through some of it but this one is a pretty good example of how thick it was on Monday.

The fog in San Francisco seems to have a life of it's own and would move in and out to the point where this same shot was not possible 30 seconds after taking it. As crazy as it sounds, it was a great fun to shoot in these constantly changing conditions. You could be in the same spot for 10-15 minutes and have several shots that were all completely different.

I can't wait to go back when the sun comes out.

530241634_bEFQi-L.jpg

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    YOU WERE HERE AND DIDN"T CONTACT ME!!!!!

--sorry for shouting--

are you still here? And I've never tried IR in the fog! I think I must try it!
  • tisuntisun Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    I think IR cuts through haze better than fog. However, when it's really foggy or hazy, even IR can't really help much.
  • ban25ban25 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Sometimes the fog can be a benefit...

326158105_FgvTd-M.jpg
  • CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    aktse wrote:
    YOU WERE HERE AND DIDN"T CONTACT ME!!!!!

--sorry for shouting--

are you still here? And I've never tried IR in the fog! I think I must try it!

I'm sorry (he said sheepishly)...we were only out for an extended weekend and were tied up with family stuff and had very little free time. One of Liz's cousins was getting married and that kind of doubled as a family reunion as well. It was a very action packed weekend and we kind of felt like the Griswolds going through the Louvre.

Next time we're out that way, we'll definitely touch base. And hopefully the sun will come out as well.
    edited May 7, 2009
    tisun wrote:
    I think IR cuts through haze better than fog. However, when it's really foggy or hazy, even IR can't really help much.

Yeah, when it was thick I got nothing...

Patience was most certainly a virtue, given what little time we had at each spot, and the fog would only cooperate for very brief times.
    edited May 7, 2009
    ban25 wrote:
    Sometimes the fog can be a benefit...

cool example thumb.gif
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Here's another one for m the Marin Headlands

189324342_ryiuf-M-1.jpg
    Rags