Crisis Averted!

gnoojgnooj Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited May 7, 2009 in People
Folks, I just want to say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. The information here was a valuable resource for me this week.

My sister, Gretchen, called early this week needing photos of her ex-step-daughter, Autumn (it's complicated). Anyway, Gretchen informs me that Autumn is getting ready to graduate high school, invitations need to go out quickly, and she doesn't have pictures.

I explain to Gretchen that I've not done many portraits, I do more landscape, macro, you know non-human stuff, blah, blah, blah.... To which Gretchen informs me that she doesn't really care about what my current self-proclaimed artistic genre interests are and that she was up against a major time crunch and that I wasn't exactly her first choice either.

Gotcha. Where do you want to meet and what time?

Luckily, I had almost a day to prepare for this so I headed to the People forum and searched the posts here of several of my favorite photographers for ideas and inspiration. Lots of great photographers here and a wonderful resource.

Both Gretchen and Autumn are pleased with the photo shoot. Crisis averted.

Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot. The others are on http://gnooj.smugmug.com/gallery/8109335_oeScS#528628104_2yuny

528632873_UsfiP-L.jpg

528631835_Z5wQE-L.jpg

528857590_Xfv2B-L.jpg

528864338_tC5fV-L.jpg

528871170_46gWh-L.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    gnooj wrote:
    Folks, I just want to say thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. The information here was a valuable resource for me this week.

My sister, Gretchen, called early this week needing photos of her ex-step-daughter, Autumn (it's complicated). Anyway, Gretchen informs me that Autumn is getting ready to graduate high school, invitations need to go out quickly, and she doesn't have pictures.

I explain to Gretchen that I've not done many portraits, I do more landscape, macro, you know non-human stuff, blah, blah, blah.... To which Gretchen informs me that she doesn't really care about what my current self-proclaimed artistic genre interests are and that she was up against a major time crunch and that I wasn't exactly her first choice either.

Gotcha. Where do you want to meet and what time?

Luckily, I had almost a day to prepare for this so I headed to the People forum and searched the posts here of several of my favorite photographers for ideas and inspiration. Lots of great photographers here and a wonderful resource.

Both Gretchen and Autumn are pleased with the photo shoot. Crisis averted.

Here are a few of my favorites from the shoot. The others are on http://gnooj.smugmug.com/gallery/8109335_oeScS#528628104_2yuny

I think you did very good! And your subject (Autumn) can be a terrific in modeling, she just needs a bit of polishing on posing.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Very nice! Glad that it worked out, and your photos turned out great! (She's a little awkward in #2, though ne_nau.gif)

I love #1 and 3!
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    Hey, maybe you need to do more shootings of "humans". Great series. Looks like you and Amber connected; she did a great job of posing and you did a great capturing the shot.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2009
    great capytures..I love the color/mood of the set.clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2