Options

Need comments and suggestions on smugmug site...

KWDLEOKWDLEO Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
edited June 11, 2005 in Holy Macro
See Statesville Balloon Rally and others at www.aparadoz.com

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2005
    Hi kwd,

Not sure what you want here, comments on the website itself or the photographs within it ne_nau.gif

Anyway I'll have a go at both :D

The website is clean and uncluttered (unlike mine rolleyes1.gif) and presents the photographs very well. Not too many galleries or pictures, but I see that as a positive as I think in these circumstances more is less. I'm not keen on the banner, particularly the colours, but I think that's just personal taste and you'll probably find plenty of others people will.

Have a look here for some links to other customised smugmug pages.

For comments on the pictures your probably better off posting individual photographs in the relevant forums and asking for critiques, I see that you've already posted a few in other forums, (the deer with the tongue is excellent) so I probably didn't need to say that. You can also embed links directly from your smugmug site which I find much easier than attaching images. Look here if you need help.

Very generally speaking I think a lot of your pictures suffer from central composition, look here for some tips, but you have some nice stuff especially some of the wildlife shots thumb.gifthumb
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2005
    gubbs wrote:
    Hi kwd,

Not sure what you want here, comments on the website itself or the photographs within it ne_nau.gif

Anyway I'll have a go at both :D

The website is clean and uncluttered (unlike mine rolleyes1.gif) and presents the photographs very well. Not too many galleries or pictures, but I see that as a positive as I think in these circumstances more is less. I'm not keen on the banner, particularly the colours, but I think that's just personal taste and you'll probably find plenty of others people will.

Have a look here for some links to other customised smugmug pages.

For comments on the pictures your probably better off posting individual photographs in the relevant forums and asking for critiques, I see that you've already posted a few in other forums, (the deer with the tongue is excellent) so I probably didn't need to say that. You can also embed links directly from your smugmug site which I find much easier than attaching images. Look here if you need help.

Very generally speaking I think a lot of your pictures suffer from central composition, look here for some tips, but you have some nice stuff especially some of the wildlife shots thumb.gifthumb
    Thanks for the input. I need all the help I can get, but primarily I was going for the page design at this point. The photos, I learn new things everyday...
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2005
    KWDLEO wrote:
    See Statesville Balloon Rally and others at www.aparadoz.com

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.
    That's a very cool balloon shot. thumb.gif

Susan
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2005
    SusanB wrote:
    That's a very cool balloon shot. thumb.gif

Susan
    Thanks. I liked your shots of balloons glowing and posterized....would make a good poster!