Some Children in the park

ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
edited May 9, 2009 in People
All candid shots from a baby playgroup that gets together regularly. A group I am taking my kids to.

529890024_aT8G3-L.jpg

2. They quad was unplugged and mommy was near.
529887948_DnPpe-L.jpg

529888874_SqhJS-L.jpg

529889836_vsMX5-L.jpg

529889399_xvXZH-L.jpg

These were all shot between 10-11 am in bright sunlight. Very harsh light and I am getting to use flash outside a lot more.
Also again these were all candid so backgrounds were a bit of a challenge, get the shot when you can.

As always C&C is welcome or I would not post on a photography forum.

Comments

• Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Well, I can't see the pics because of the draconian web filter where I work, but I would just like to say that the title of this thread was somewhat alarming to me until I read the text inside... ;)
  • JAMooreJAMoore Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    Very nice shots. Well composed and interesting.

One technical nitpick is the seemingly cool WB on #1 and 4. Also, even though shooting in direct sunlight is challenging, I would take the exposure down just a hair on #4.

Also,
    rolleyes1.gif@ Tim ... I can't say I didn't think the same.
  • ToshidoToshido Registered Users Posts: 759 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2009
    I would still saythat number 1 is pretty close. That is my wife and youngest. My wife is pale to start with and my youngest is anemic and taking iron so he tends to be pale as well.

I agree with #4, which happens to be my other kid. A little too bright and could be warmer.

Of course a general disclaimer of mine is that my monitor is very much not calibrated :(

And curious why the title of the thread would be alarming to you. There is actually nothing, legally speaking, to prevent me from going to any park and taking random pictures of any kid I see there. Public property and no assumption of privacy. Of course we could then go into some ethics and morality issues, but even then that has more to do with the content of the picture, not the picture itself.
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2009
    Toshido wrote:
    And curious why the title of the thread would be alarming to you. There is actually nothing, legally speaking, to prevent me from going to any park and taking random pictures of any kid I see there. Public property and no assumption of privacy. Of course we could then go into some ethics and morality issues, but even then that has more to do with the content of the picture, not the picture itself.

Sure, there are lots of things that you can do that are legal, but that doesn't mean the are not (or won't be perceived as) creepy or wrong.